Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bush VS saddam who cares!

bush VS saddam who cares!

well lets face it i am a nbormal indian and don't really uinderstand who want's
    this war between america and iraq.
    general feeling in atleast india is that they don't want war general feeling in most of other countries is that they wanna give iraq a chance.
    then who want's war ?

is it american's ?
    is it british?
    or is it bush and saddam who are inviting war?

don't take me otherwise i neithert support america nor iraq.what i realy wanna know is
    what do american's feel about war.because in the and as we all know american's will win that war but iraq won't be defeated saddam won't die .humanity will be defeated,humanity will
    die.

my purpose of this post is to know whether america(as a country) want this war or bush
    for his own reasons wants this war.

i have nothing to say mate .. the only thing that i know is WAR make us suffer and so terrible.
    and i don't wanna say something ..coz i could be wrong .. the point is i am not choose US or Iraq .. i want a peace .

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

well- most american's don't understand the war either (excuse me for assuming your opinion) we never voted on it? no one ever asked America if we wanted a war with Iraq... Most people don't really understand why our Gov't does half of things it does. Most of us think it's because Bush wants all of that Oil (cheaper, Bush recieves millions in Oil $) anyway- i don't want to start ranting and and raving, but i don't think it's fair that Americans get all the sh*t our gov't puts on us... if we would just leave those people alone(mid-east)- they wouldn't be sending suicide bombers/etc... anyway- that's just my opinion... hope i didn't offend and gung-ho pro-war peoples (an you know who you are)

-take it easy!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

I for one as an American am not for going to war in Iraq. For the following reasons:

1) I have seen no evidence to support the statements our government has made concerning WMD.

2) I do not believe Iraq poses an immediate danger to the US.

3) It will be very expensive for the US taxpayer. I believe these hundreds of Billions of dollars (over several years of occupation) could be used for much better purposes domestically.

4) It will set a bad precedent that it is OK to circumvent the UN when it does not suit your needs.

I fully support our troops but I do not agree with the reasons behind going to war at this time. I would very much like to see some evidence that Saddam is a danger to America or American interests before I can agree with taking action in Iraq.

If Iraq could be proved to have attacked the United States or one of our interests then my opinion would most likely change.

Here is a link to an estimated cost of war in Iraq:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/10/01/iraq.cost/

thanks for quick reply to all the above specially to tampabay420 for being
    honest that is exactly what the purpose of this post is i wanna know who
    want's this war?nobody asked american citizen's -"do u favour war?"

they are expected to be protector's of democracy all over the world and is it
    democracy in US?
    if yes defination of democracy must be different then what they teach us in JR
    school!

Originally posted here by nathanb33
    I for one as an American am not for going to war in Iraq. For the following reasons:

1) I have seen no evidence to support the statements our government has made concerning WMD.

2) I do not believe Iraq poses an immediate danger to the US.

3) It will be very expensive for the US taxpayer. I believe these hundreds of Billions of dollars (over several years of occupation) could be used for much better purposes domestically.

4) It will set a bad precedent that it is OK to circumvent the UN when it does not suit your needs.

well i forgot one thing we all are told that bush and his family will be benifited by this war through some oil deal but no one says he is gonna benifited in next elections too.
    isn't it so.
    he is doing it for political reasons..
    no no don't think that i am a democrate or something.

If I may add an opinion here...

I don't think many people want war. If people want war then they have never been exposed to it.

However, if you look at history, in 1936 when a small dictator in Germany was deemed as not an immediate threat to the region by most of the world.

So you have to ask yourself. Can you have a small dictator in power that is willing to use wepons of mass destruction?

I am indifferent to war. If it makes the world safer for my kids to get rid of the tyrant then so be it. However, with the money we're spending why don't we give him 20 Billion to leave? He may take it...
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

However, if you look at history, in 1936 when a small dictator in Germany was deemed as not an immediate threat to the region by most of the world.
    This is an interesting point. I think the world should have stepped in to stop Nazi Germany sooner than they did. However, I do not think that Saddam is nearly the threat that Hitler was at that time. Now if Saddam was actively seeking to take over the Middle East or preparing to launch a WMD attack on the US or Europe this would be a different story.

So you have to ask yourself. Can you have a small dictator in power that is willing to use wepons of mass destruction?
    Yes he has been proven willing to use WMD.
    Does he have them now? -- IMO he probably does. However, I think this should be proven before we let the dogs out. The things we are going to war over happened over 10 years ago. What has changed that makes us need to attack immediately?

All I really want to see is some real evidence that Saddam is currently a threat to anyone besides his own people.

It's not a war on Iraq, it's a war on it's current leader. The reason for this is that he is considered an immediate threat to boardering countries of Iraq, and also yes the usa as well ( though not as easily). Will you all support a war if he kills a few more thousand people? How bout a million? How many people need to die by SH's hands before other counties relize he IS a BAD person? That is the reason we want HIM disarm'd, it's not about Iraq and it's people....
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/