flaws in IE and XP

Thread: flaws in IE and XP

Post flaws in IE and XP

Here we go again, see if all you admins and users can stick with m$ through their parade of patches

Microsoft issued two security advisories Wednesday, pointing to a "critical" flaw in its Internet Explorer browser and a second, less severe problem with its Windows XP operating system.
    The problem with Internet Explorer stems from a security function in the software designed to stop one domain, such as a Web site, from sharing information with another domain
    The fix can be found here

The second warning, for Windows XP, concerns a problem in the Windows Redirector software, which is used to access local and remote files. By sending bad data to the Redirector a hacker could cause a system fail or, if the data were crafted in a particular way, run malicious code on the user's computer, Microsoft said.
    The fix can be found here

full source can be found here

Spy
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Banned
    M$ seems they have trouble writing secure patches or OS. wonder if they even test patches or
    OS before releasing them hehe!! Why¿ Gates would rather have the money instead then make minor fixes.
    Knowing they will have 2 repatch it later keeping the masses who use his OS dependent upon his patches or
    fixes to problems. Just thoughts from my mind.

That's totally screwed up. This is why with any M$ OS I have, it auto updates every morning just to keep up with this crap!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Found in a diary:
    \".... and yes, since i am a l337 hax0r, i am also using vi to write this. ^[[D^[[B^ exit ^X^C quit :x :wq dang it :w:w:w :x ^C^C^Z^D\"

Wasnt this posted yesterday?...Wait, nope, its ANOTHER security flaw, lol sorry had to, *looks around the thread..) hmmm, lol tatui i like your sig, lol, leet hacksers dont use VI though, they use Emacs, cause well, Emacs is an OS without a kernel, lol

Lol.. I do like vi, though. At least vim. damn, i am not leet! And my first experience, I must confess, was a bit like this.. "how do i quit it?!" hehe..
    Back to our IE, I noticed that there are some ActiveX vulnerabilities... technology created by microsoft, and it isnt an open standard, afaik, only ie has support for it, and it isn't that necessary. Must be a curse from W3C (www consortium) against its members which doesn't like open standards.. (j/k)
    Oh, at least about one of the recent (or almost recent) vulnerabilities, there's a patch from grc.com that would cost you at least 1/10 of download time of MS own patch.. hmpf.

Found in a diary:
    \".... and yes, since i am a l337 hax0r, i am also using vi to write this. ^[[D^[[B^ exit ^X^C quit :x :wq dang it :w:w:w :x ^C^C^Z^D\"