Hey All,

I came across this article I found interesting and I thought that some of you might too. Since i know some of you are attending college or taking courses etc.

taken from the full story here

BOSTON -- A college student was indicted on Thursday on charges he placed software on dozens of computers that allowed him to secretly monitor what people were typing, and then stole around $2,000 using information he gleaned.

In what may serve as a cautionary tale for people who use computers in public areas, Douglas Boudreau allegedly installed keystroke-monitoring software on more than 100 computers at Boston College and then watched as thousands of people sent e-mail, downloaded files and banked online.
According to an indictment by a Middlesex County grand jury, Boudreau compiled a database of personal information on about 4,800 faculty, staff and students at Boston College.
I guess i was under the impression that I wouldnt think schools would permit you to install a program as easily I know when i was taking a few classes, that was one thing you deffinantly could NOT do and they were very strict in keeping an eye on such things. guess I thought wrong