Hey all,

I didn't read ne thing about this before so I thought I'd start a thread about it

from here

The Solaris[tm] Operating System (x86 Platform) delivers superior scalability across platforms, providing plenty of room for your growing enterprise, along with the performance you need to handle the most complex tasks in record times. High availability and state-of-the-art security ensure that your data is always safe and accessible. In fact, running your network is easier and faster than ever before, with tools that make installing Solaris software and mission-critical applications as familiar as installing Microsoft Windows applications.
from here
Sun makes it easy for developers to get started with the Free Solaris[sm] Binary License Program

Now you can use the Solaris[tm] 8 or 9 Operating Environment at home or at work -- without paying a license fee. For only the cost of media plus shipping or download related costs, you can use the software on single processor computers supplied to you by Sun or its authorized distributors or based on the Intel architecture.
Has anyone ever tried Solaris on an X86 computer, and what did you think about it??

/me is downloading Solaris 9 as we speak, to check it out..

Will keep you informed