Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: Bush Considering Cyber Warfare

Banned
    LOL We already have cyber-warfair troops.... they are called 'civilians'!
    They act like all of this is something new.... The only difference is the goverment will be doing it and there probably isn't going to be a bunch of peaple between the ages of 13 and 25 in court rooms.

How many times have groups attacked one anothers countries? And does anyone remember the worm known as 'lion'... its payload was a manifesto of political statements. What about all the wire taping and things that were going on during the war in kosovo?

Heck... The goverment probably wouldn't even be able to find a good target to attack because the vast amounts of kiddies will already do most of the damage for them by the time they find something to attack. And what is this telling the youth of america? The goverment might as well say if we have problems with other countries then its your duty to "break as much electronics as possable".

Banned
    in war there are no rules

If there were no rules in war there would be no U.N. and no war criminals

Originally posted here by drew
    in war there are no rules
    If there are no rules then why are people involved in wars sometimes charged with war crimes... Back in the early days of America (Revolutionary War) The army would not shoot the drummer boy or the guy carrying the flag of the opposing force... To me those seem like rules, but I could be wrong :-P

It will be interesting to turn this around and see how well our govt. could stand a cyber attack.
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

I agree with phishphreek80 i suppose anything is aloud if the gov do it but if anyone else then it is a crime, these rules totally suck

er0k
    well dont quote me but im pretty sure that Tulsa University, in Oklahoma, has a program that actually teaches students to do this cyber warfare stuff. In exchange, they have to work for the government for 2 years after graduating. A class i used to take was looking into a program, and they had some books labeled "classified" and my teacher said he was considering teaching that course as well. But they havent done it yet. Dunno, theres really not that much they can do for this crap. Taking out networks and everything is a huge deal, however its so != actual war.

Banned
    the great thing about winning a war is that you can then go and charge the enemy for what they did when they were at war. they call these war crimes.

also could the smart ass who send this...
    "how are you doing there now!?!?..you be a good boy there now!?!?! Elaborate your post"
    ...please explain why there is no min word req on posts before giving me -ve AO points.

also i don't care about AO points. i read, i post and i see some green and red dots along the way. i used to think AO was great until i got so many -ve AO points. it wouldn't be so bad if i deserved them but many of -ve AO points were uncalled for.

i.e

"dumbass"
    " Well.... there is no rules to war so I think I'll have my own little war with you after all... NO RULES right?"
    " This is just the begining of THE WAR!!! AO's board is exploitable!!! I created the antionline.com account and I flooded the board.... You will kneel before your new king but not yet... You are all my peasants so go tell them... tell them its WAR TIME"

etc

war is just a dog eat dog world. when you really come to face about all this, you either shoot or get shot. and beleive me i would rather shoot then die. self-preservation is key to every living thing on earth.

haha, a thought just came to me. wouldnt microsoft be a good company to employ to do the governments dirty work :wonders:

i wonder what type of systems or operating systems war computers use??

and another thought just occured. most weapons systems in the US and probably everywhere are closed systems. what i mean by this is that they are not connected to any other device that is connected to an outside link. in short, its just a button directly connected to the missiles or whatever. this means that if the US was to blackout Iraq and try and disable radar and what not. he could start a generator. power one computer that has the co-ordinates and press the button and still launch a missile.

honestly, this is just like a man reading a book called 101 positions and the woman reading 102 excuses. for every action or attempt at something, there will always be a solution or answer

<edit> and just as a further note, there are no rules but they are more like customs. on christmas the enemies would gather round and share a cigar or two and the next day they are shooting at each other again... whats the point. </edit>
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----