Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bush Considering Cyber Warfare

Report: Bush Considering Cyber Warfare

Hey All,

well I came across this and thought now ive seen it all LOL anyone have any thoughts on this ? would it be something to actually consider ? or more of a sci-fi idea still , this reminded me a little of the old movie "Wargames" anyways, I found it interesting and thought id share and see if any of you had an opinion.

Taken from the article here

February 7, 2003
    Report: Bush Considering Cyber Warfare
    By Roy Mark
    President Bush secretly signed an order last July directing administration officials to develop the parameters for possible cyber-attacks against enemy computer networks, according to a report in Friday's Washington Post. The report also says the Pentagon is actively developing "cyber-weapons," to disable enemy radar, electrical grids and telephone systems.
    it had also been mentioned in the Chicago Tribune

Whats next ? a cyber draft ? LOL Calling all hackers and security gurus Uncle Sam wants you ! LOL ok im sure thats was dumb , but it just came to mind

Cheers

Yes, I agree. But stepping outside of Bush and just looking at the problems at hand, isn't that kind of a good idea? I mean think, if we can cripple their networks, then maybe it will give us a chance to get in and take control of find a way of totally disabling anyone from using a nucular missle or something? I know it's a stretch, but still...
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Don't they need to have a stable power grid before we can take one down???
    --
    I found Jesus... It turns out he was under the couch the whole time.

-D

I love the US Governments approach to hacking. You hack us and you go to jail, but if we hack other "bad" governments, then it is ok.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Whats next ? a cyber draft ? LOL Calling all hackers and security gurus Uncle Sam wants you ! LOL ok im sure thats was dumb , but it just came to mind
    Where do I sign? j/k

But seriously... our govt. is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen.

It is illegal for anyone else to do it, but for the govt. its ok. What kind of example is this?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Though hey if it wasn't for a double standard system at times, how would we get anything done. I mean isn't that also how we can be in debt for so much money because we need this or that... or we give money to other countries. Yet we sit and the goverment and says no matter if you are poor or rich you have to give the equal amount of money because we need to have money to supply for our goverment run programs. At times it's all a joke. Then again, look how Bush got into office to begin with, in the Flordia recount.. and recount... and recount...
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Mark Ludwig wrote about the future of cyber-wars etc... in this book http://www.ameaglepubs.com/store/gbb.html

If ya haven't read it or are an aspiring virii writer, its a good book to pick up.
    ][ neta1o ][

er0k
    this is where we need al gore as president, i mean he did invent the internet

I am agreed with President Bush to bring down Iraq with any resources available to us. It is easy to say here at homeland that war is bad but people just think if Hitler wouldn't be dead, can you just imagine the world today? Saddam Hussain is known for using all kind of tortures to his people. Women's are not allowed to go out without any veil. People are not allowed to vote with their own opinion. I mean it is just total mess over there and I know it is nobody's business to teach others how to live? But to save the mankind from maniacs like Saddam ( who uses chemical weapons on his own citizens just for the test not to mention) I think this war is important.

And I think we will save more lives with military action than political solution. And I don't think that he is fool or stupid at all. Yes he was acting little weard, like putting on the binoculars without taking the caps off. But now he is very serious and he knows what he is talking. I beleive him and I think lot of people here in US beleive him too.

No offence for those who don't like him but I think everyone has a right to say what he/she feels like. Afterall we are not in Iraq where someone is telling us what to do or not.

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    I love the US Governments approach to hacking. You hack us and you go to jail, but if we hack other "bad" governments, then it is ok.
    It is also illegal to go around shooting ppl and blowing up things, but this is war my friend, a different set of rules.