Bush orders guidelines for cyber-war

Thread: Bush orders guidelines for cyber-war

Post Bush orders guidelines for cyber-war

Interesting read on MSNBC

WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 — President Bush has signed a secret directive ordering the government to develop, for the first time, national-level guidance for determining when and how the United States would launch cyber-attacks against enemy computer networks, according to administration officials.

More found here!!! http://www.msnbc.com/news/869751.asp?0cl=c3
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

Funny I was thinking about when the US would start to think about employing cyber-attacks. Odd though at the sametime... I dunno what do you think? You think that cyber-attacks are worse then full out war because of the lesser death rate and clean-cut job? How intersting, imagine what the future might hold for strategic warfare... it would be the battle of the brains, not the brawn that we see in the US "in the army you can" slogans. No offense at all to our millitia, just an interseting observation I thought I'd share. Does anyone else see the irony in this besides me??? Good find Highlander.

The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

I posted this earlier today
    it was interesting though

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    “There are questions about collateral damage,” Clarke said. As an example, he cited the possibility that a computer attack on an electric power grid, intended to pull the plug on military facilities, might end up turning off electricity to hospitals on the same network.

Arent they just going to bomb the hospitals anyways. I mean, dropping a bomb has a bit more collateral damage than that of a powerfailure. Hospitals have back up generators anyways.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Heh heh, kinda funny too, that you get life in prison if you inadvertently kill someone (hospital situation Toker gave) while hacking. . .wonder if they'll prosecute themselves. . . oh yeah wait, it's all in the name of freedom. Good read though thanks.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.