Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do u want a WEIRD thing?, look at this...

no insault to zaggy or any thing I mean he's a great member
    but ive noticed is usually in a post that dies
    I don't know my im being paranoid.....
    and zaggy if you read this im not accusing u.
    most likely it's coincidence

Hey,

maybe its a good idea to only let jr members and up have the ability to assign antipoints. Let it come as a site earned benefit once you have a certain number of posts.
    I was under the impression that you did have to be a Jr. to assign pos/negg AP's anyway and that newbs can either just agree or disagreee with the post but couldnt assign them either way as one or the other... ive had threads/posts that received grey points with good compliments the person obviously approved or got something out of it that he/she liked and it didnt add or subtract from my AP's at all so thats where i assumed you had to be a jr. before you were able to

it does suck though what happen i saw the thread .. and most of the replies were just peoples opinions on the subject .. which is what DKKR was asking anyways

Antipoints can be assigned and be counted by anyone who has enough greens, regardless of rank. I tried searching to find the exact number but my search feature doesn't seem to be working today. I think it is 50 AP's.

It is extremely sad that some people on AO feel the need to abuse the AP system. In the past members who do this end up getting banned. They are unable to get away with it for long.

I agree with -DaRK-RaiDeR- that we have to balance things out when we see unfair AP assignments. I have done this many times with the note that the person didn't deserve neg's for their post.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

I think it was all based on the twisted sense of humor of someone who thought it would be really ironic if a thread on negative APs and how they affect people, would get negged to death. Another possibility is that the person was trying to prove some point, and trying to show us we are hypocritical when we talk about APs not being important. I got negged in that thread and I don't think I deserved it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave AO, or anything like that. This was 1 person, and I know there are a lot of other good people here I can still learn from.

Oh, and straight from my post in the suicidal thread:
    "Neg me if you want to. I don't care!! "
    My $0.02

Banned
    Thread *yawn* closed.