how do you Create your own ISP?

Thread: how do you Create your own ISP?

how do you Create your own ISP?

Hey,

For my school, I wanted to make our own 56k Dial in, but the thing is i cant figure out what I need to do, or find out what kind of devices i need to make this possible to have my school as there own dial up connection to the internet... could someone help me out?

thanks
    Im Chris Bartholomew - 18 Years old

TSeNg
    questions? Cxbartholomew@yahoo.com

Before I do alot of typing explaining how to set this up let me ask you a couple of questions

1) Does your school have access to the cloud?
    2) Will your schools ISP loose their ever-loving minds if you do this?
    3) Do you have access to a modem bank or -even better- an access server?
    4) Does your school have lines already provisioned that aren't currently in use?

If you're good to go on all four of those, I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Awsome, Well Okay, 1, yes we do have access to a cloud, 2, yes they will, not many people at my school on internet accsess, and since we pay so much for tuition anyway, i feel that it can pay for itself, 3.im not sure if it has access to a modem bank, ill have to get back on you on that, and 4, im pretty sure we have line that are not in use, my school is in a business park, so im pretty sure...agian ill i have to get back on you on that.!!! wow man , thank you so much for helping me out!! im getting hella excited..
    Im Chris Bartholomew - 18 Years old

TSeNg
    questions? Cxbartholomew@yahoo.com

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    At my ISP, we use the Ascend TNT, and the 6,000 access servers. The Tnt is a much more efficient machine, as it has more shelfs and more PRIs available. The TNT can acctually support 552 connections. From the access server, you will need an upstream providor to route your data outside your network. God, so much is involved...maybe I'll take some time and write something complete. I found a good link that WILL help you.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Netw..._10319807.html
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2