Thread: Anyone???

Banned

Question Anyone???

I HAVE RECENTLY DOWNLOADED THE AOLTROJAN & BACKWORK2 OUT OF CURIOUSITY & WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT COMPLETELY OUT OF MY COMP & HOW DO I WORK WITH BORAK ???

I would suggest you to delete this thread before you get any negetive antipoints because you are typing in all caps, I can understand that you are probably new to hacker community but typing in all caps is the way to yell at other members.
    And before you post any of the question regarding how to or where, read faq of this site.
    This will really help you to answer your most questions but never ask in this board to other members that how to crack someone's password and how to get or use sniffers and spoofers or how to hack someone's computer.
    I can guarantee you that you won't last here. So my advise to you is delete this thread and read faq's first

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Well said Owls, nothing to add actually.

WORM, If you have trouble finding the FAQ's : read this one by Ennis
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=218093

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

er0k
    well to answer your question, just run some antivirus software.. housecall.antivirus.com works fine... for windows.. delete what you downloaded with the "delete" option that windows provides, or go to dos and type rmdir or file etc if the above doesnt work. You didnt do anything to deserve negs besides that whole caps lock thing. Just try a bit harder to not look childish in your next post.

Banned
    Though sometime AV doesn't help, im assuming that you weren't smart enought to install AV before playing around with this stuff so my advice is look for weird registries in your system then delete the original file that was loaded into your PC. Some trojans have alternative reg keys that are loaded as soon as one is deleted and in some cases trojans can even move themselves into other file.... Most of the time if you get rid of the registry key and the original .exe it came in then you'll be fine.

And just to add to what everyone else said.... If things get to out of hand then you may need to use some type of active restore button or just re-formatte the whole thing and then start all over agian.

If you're running 95/98 or the pathetic ME check your system.ini for files that don't belong.

The trojan will make an entry in the standard registry keys. They all do it....

Check these keys for suspicious entries.....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

The AOL trojan has been around for years and even second rate out-of-date AntiVirus Software will remove it.