Thread: *moved* How to find out your real Ip

How to find out your real Ip

Some sites that look for your ip are not always 100% correct the best way is to goto command prompt and type '' ipconfig'' this will then tell you, your real ip adress

If you have W2k, ME or XP and are not behind a proxy this is true. If you have 95 or 98 you need to type winipcfg ( again, if you are not behind a proxy ). If you are behind a proxy server your IP address as seen on the Internet will be the address of the proxy server.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Neo-Icarus,

It's my duty to tell you that the Tutorials forum isn't exactly for that kind of "tips" posts. It has been created mostly for long tutorials about different (sometimes very difficult) things that really could help people to learn about different issues and to resolve problems with the help of the tutorials.

I'm just trying to help you so my advice would be to delete this thread. I hope you understand.

Bye,

DKRR

also, ipconfig doesn't always tell you what your external IP address is. when i do it, it tells me the IP i set in my network adapter properties, being 192.168.1.10, which is a private IP address.

there is no real "best" way to find your external IP for every machine out there. i know my external IP by heart, but the easiest way i found is going to my router firmware and viewing its properties there, which also told me my external IP's subnet, DNS servers, gateway, etc..

so there you have it. not all that accurate
    i will shoot you so hard.

er0k
    wtf neggo is off duty today i guess....... save us neg save us!

hmmm.

If you're using a dial-up modem, you can view your IP by clicking the connection icon in systray and selecting 'details'. Its easier as you can copy-paste your information.
    WE ARE the anti cancer...
    WE ARE the only answer...
    email

er0k
    you can also copy and paste in dos.

well as i said before dark this is meant to be as short as possable so that newbies understand it!

Banned
    I ain't off duty... just having a lot of fun moving 5000 "tutorials" to the appropriate forums