Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which hacking tools are the most dangerouse?

Question Which hacking tools are the most dangerouse?

what do you consider the most dangerouse hacking tools out there today? Which ones do you think we should be on the look out for?

hey skillfullguy,
    im not verymuch into these hacking toolz but im also not just unknown 2 them. according 2 my experience, i find Back Orifice(BO2K),the trojan very dengerous n also usefull.some other trojans like Sub7 n Netdevil r also very nice...u must c them.they r good at there work.n` BO2K has many features with its plugins which may b very dengerous.check `em out...
    |\\|e0

Re: Which hacking tools are the most dangerouse?

Originally posted here by Skillfulguy
    what do you consider the most dangerouse hacking tools out there today? Which ones do you think we should be on the look out for?
    This is a similar question to the "which gun is the most dangerous?" (answer - the loaded one). Any gun has the potential to kill, as anything can be your system's achilles heel.

You can look up a list of vulnerabilities at SANS if you are really interested in knowing what's *hot for hackers* (I hear jail is a popular choice these days), but following common sense groundrules (which you can find on this site if you look), will steer you away from many of the problems you'll face.
    668 - the neighbor of the beast

Netdevil etc are now very old and there are many antidotes to old trojans so the most dangerous trojans are the ones that are made by yourself and contain a new source code that has not been caught yet

I would have to say the most dangerous hacking tool there is, is the weakest link in your chain... What i mean is that you think you are looking for some form of software when some systems would take so much to get into that no one tool would do the trick for you; EXCEPT if you can con (social engineering) one of the employees to give up information on the company. So your least informed employee is the faulty chain that could comprimise your multimillion dollar enterprises security system
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Hmmm...A Miner's Pic-zxe is the worst..it can crush your computer with a mighty blow...

....Though you can also dig up some real gold with it.....
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I think the most dangerous "tool" or however you are putting it would probably be the person themself. Knowledge (or the lack of it) is the most dangerous tool anywhere, in any field. Why would you consider backdoor trojan programs the most dangerous? If you you use a good antivirus or a trojan cleaner regularly you won't have anything to worry about on that side. Try securing your computer. Run netstat and see which ports are open on your computer and what services are running. If you want to stomp these risks out (BO2k, Sub7, etc) , install Linux. Why do you want to know what are the most dangerous anyway? It makes no sense and sounds a little fishy to me. My 2 cents.

Exitrial

Also, you have to take into consideration that there isn't just one single universal "most dangerous" tool out there.

There are good and bad tools for almost everything. I mean, there are a few very nice "suites" out there (ex. SAINT), but usually you need a toolbox (mind you not a large one...) full of tools to accomplish the task you want to carry out.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I agree with you [WebCarnage],

IMHO Good knowledge and a bright mind is the most dangerous tool, there is always someone who 'invents' the tools. To see to the fact, many 'dangerous' tools are first invented to help administrators in their work and it's first when these tools are used in a bad manner they become dangerous.

~micael

The reason I am asking is so I can see what’s being used more often Like “Bo2k server” I’ve found running on my network last week