Anonymous email? and why is it on AO

Thread: Anonymous email? and why is it on AO

Question Anonymous email? and why is it on AO

Ok, this post is mainly cause i wanted to ask how the anonymous email programs work.

i downloaded some from antionline, and thats my second point.

so, why does a security minded, antihacking antispoofing (i think) site, have such things available for downloading? is this a little ironic, because this site stands for everything agaisnt hacking ect yet on this site we have programs and tools designed for doing such things.

ok, now i donwloaded some anonymous emailer thingies, and i tried them. some didnt work. but i found one that worked so i tryed to send myself and anonymous email. it asked for a smtp server so i used my ISP's one. (australian, Iprimus) which is smtp.iprimus.com.au

if i entered this incorrectly it would have an error. when done right, it started sending the email. firstly it took forever and it finally said sent successfully but i got no email. why is this and are there any available that work so i can have a lot at them
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Arrow Anonymous email

Trust_Not_123,

Anonymous email, and other programs in the Security Downloads are there as tools which you can download and learn about.They are not there to help you hack.Of course there are many other tools that are not there but with these tools, at least, most newbies can get a general idea of what hackers use and they can learn how to prevent their systems from being hacked.

Most of these tools are old.

Thats why u know....

Hope this answers your questions

Dr_Evil

ok, so does anyone know of an anonymous email program i can download and pull apart to look at??
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

so, why does a security minded, antihacking antispoofing (i think) site, have such things available for downloading? is this a little ironic, because this site stands for everything agaisnt hacking ect yet on this site we have programs and tools designed for doing such things.
    Because system admins and security people in general download these programs to test on there own network alot of people here have tested trojans worms virii and such on there own networks as research.So if they see any activity on there network they can quickly narrow down the problem and fix it

Dr_evil posted some links so i wont bother answering you're other question if they dont work look in to spoofing email from an smtp server it is simple to do but finding a server with open relays is hard to come buy nowdays
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Kwiep
    There's a difference in spoofing the posters mail adress and spoofing the orginating ip. Most anonymous email programms just change the senders mail adress. You can do that with outlook express even. You could also set up an smtp server on yer own pc, if yer isp's smtp server has a protection against this.
    For the ip spoofing you need some more advanced programms. I don't think AO has programms like that in it's archive and if they have them, they usually don't work in windows... You need raw sockets for that to work really. You have those in windows, but usually there's always some "protection" against it.
    Double Dutch

Banned
    These programs goto a anonymous server then you enter your email and then the email you want to send to this method of anonymous emailing does not even show your ip adress!

Banned