Thread: using VMware and SMART to create a virtual computer to recreate a suspects computer

using VMware and SMART to create a virtual computer to recreate a suspects computer

First let me start off by saying I did not write this, so all credit goes to senior special agent Ernest Baca.Never the less i thought I would post it beings how i found it very informative and very interesting.It is a very long tutorial so instead of posting it I figure I will just post the link.This is for anybody who is interested in computer forensics and very useful tools in the field.hope you like.
    http://www.astalavista.com/library/o...TForensics.pdf

Really good paper, i should try it when i get my next box
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I am going to put this doc through its paces. It is well written and I'm sure that we can use it as a backup solution to our current forensic software (Encase) and procedures. Who knows, it may turn out to be a better method and a hell of a lot cheaper

Good find!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden