what happens when AO dies??

Thread: what happens when AO dies??

Question what happens when AO dies??

all these rumors get me thinking. what happens if AO dies. would someone start another site?

and maybe someone could register a channel on IRC and keep everything in working order on that end. it just seems a bit odd that JP hasnt said anything and that if this site just closes, some people might be lost. me for one. and friends on here who relay messages through AO would no longer be in contact.

i hope that AO doesnt close and that if it does, we need support to help keep it up and running even if its a different site, and even if its a different channel on IRC.

im not usually a praying man, but if AO just disappeared then i would have nothing to do. AO is my life and without it there is not much else of a point for the internet. so i will be praying for it not to close.

Just my thoughts
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----
    Share on Google+

Iím not quite sure that IRC would be the way to go?
    Iíve given this same subject some thought of my own.

but keeping a phpBB type system up is not too difficult/expensive, if you have the cash for a server just about anyone can keep something like this up&runningÖ Iím really hoping that if AO goes under, a independent server admin (sickdwarf, cough-cough) would take us in...

anyway

-take it easy
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...
    Share on Google+

Even an unerror can help.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"
    Share on Google+

i am sure that there are many people who think certain people will do it. and maybe even more will be willing to help out (*cough cough*)

i would be willing if i had the cash. maybe i can pull some up. but even then it will need lots of support and help
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----
    Share on Google+

To go without AO is like going without food.
    Practise what you preach.
    Share on Google+

You people might look here.

I have thought this out too and I think I may have found it.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?
    Share on Google+

if AO goes down you could take this into consideration take someone from here that is dedicated and trust worthy. Ask AO members to donate money for someone to get a server and keep it alive. Then we wouldn't lose friends. i just joined this site and new to the game so i am hoping my input is ok if not let me know please. thank you p.s this site is excellent!!!!
    \"If you befriend a person but lack the mercy to correct him, then you are in fact his enemy!!!!\"
    Share on Google+

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    I would happily help with offering the the ircD. I dont have enough bandwidth to carry the weight of the forums, graphic servers. But i can without any problems provide the ircd, and even a mail server. I just hope it doesnt come to this, its just an emergency solution if there should be problems with AO one day. Until then though, let us not poison this place with rumours, what if, is it sold and JP did not tell us, why, etc...and all this crap. Im sure that JP will tell us in time if anything like that is to happen. Until then, let this issue not fill up the forums. (Reminds me alot of the village gossip). Let us until that time keep AO the way its supposed to be, a perfectly well organized security information source to anyone who is willing to learn and contribute.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"
    Share on Google+

Well I don't know what happens when AO dies i joined this community only 2 months ago and really enjoyed it. After discovering AO I spend my 90% webtime here,so after AO ........
    GOD BLESS YOU
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Greetings All:

AntiOnline is not going to "die". You can count on that! Details about what is happening with AO should be made public in the not too distant future.
    Share on Google+