Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what should i do to protect my network from the hacker ?

what should i do to protect my network from the hacker ?

anyone here know how to protect my network from the hacker ? and pls tell me how to hack something , so i know how to protect my network ..

regard
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

Hacker

thanks for everything

Hi,

1) Get a firewall.

2) Search AO forums, threads and posts to learn what a firewall is, where to get it and how to use it.

3) I can't answer you the "how to hack" question... (please, read the site FAQs).

Bye,

DKRR

Banned
    the best way to hack something is by not being so lazy and reading a lot (till your eyes bleed and then some apparently).

btw who is "the hacker" and does he know the boggie man?

ahh seriously tho for a better response then this you will need to give some details.
    if you want a sensible answer try giving us such details on

1) type/nature of network
    2) os running
    3) security running
    4)why tou need help in the first place (previous attack? parionoid?)

the way i understand it hacking and being a hacker is about knowing all there is to know so i guess lots of reading and googleing will help.

my reply

thanks for ur reply.
    i would like to show u the detail of my network.

1. OS => Windows 2000 Advance Server with Service Pack 3
    2. My security => Norton Firewall

if i turn on my firewall , my connection to clients getting slow .. so i try to set my firewall and give some acception by widing the network range ( exm. 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.37 ) .

in the evening i found a report from the server and i found some data had been losed, i am so confuse how could my data dissapear ? and of course i never share my data to anyone.

pls your help

dear mate,

thanks for ur reply, i think it really help me to find out how to protect my comp. But i still wondering how to trace them if we know someone hack my system. u Know sometimes i made my own security system using SQL Server as database and Access project as forms, if they try to get inside my computer using my own security application programm , of course i could trace them , but i only got the IP address.
    The question is, how to find out who really he/she is ?
    i really need your help if it is not mind you .
    untill now i still confuse how they could entered my database security without the administrator login password, i've already set almost 5 kinds of security in my application programm and they still could brake it. did any software which could brake the password or something ? even they could get inside the database, i've set up my security with trustte component so they can't deleted it, but they can do that. i keep so much important data in my comp, i am lucky i always backup my data each 2 hours , so i still have the data.
    i am afraid they do it over and over and it drives me crazy.
    pls give me a favor ?

regard.

heres a good tip, insstead of asking how to hack stuff just ask how to make your entwork more secure, im not havina go at ya, just a little bit advice on how to better word your question...

the best way to see how secure your network or server is, is to get someone with knowledge of network security that you know and see if they can break into it from the outside or inside, that way you will have a better idea of how secure it is, defenitely check out the forums here as they are sure to help you with common exploits for the systems that you use, how to patch them and how to tell if someone is trying to exploit a vulnerability on one of your boxes

If you want to know how to hack, read the first few chapters of IIS Security by Marty Jost and Michael Cobb.
    The book sellls for about 50.00 USD. It is one of my favorites. It discusses security and hacking methods,
    One good method is to follow DaRK-RaiDeR-s' advice and use a firewall. Another is assuring that your system patches, service packs, are up to date. After you have done that you can disable all non-essential system services. You might want to put the root directory of your web sites content on a different disk or in a different directory from your web sites operating system to guard against a transversal attack. You remove unnecessary application mappings. You should probably modify your BIOS to prevent booting from removable media.

There are so very many things you can do. Get yourself a good book like the one I described.

When was the last time you updated your Anti-Virus and scanned your computer ? (I see 100's of port 137 hits on my router everyday) They have been infected with the 'aliver' virus and it opens the MS ports. Blows right through software firewalls

dear mate,

at the first i would like to say thanks for your advices and your clues. But i still have more trouble shooting in tracing some "god damn" hacker. how to find their location excatly.
    but thanks for your favor.

regard