Long-answered threads question...

Thread: Long-answered threads question...

Long-answered threads question...

Guys,

Just a question, when a thread has many answers from members, do you read all of the answers? I mean, do you get bored reading it if the thread has a lot of answers to read? Do you just read the answers if you are going to post something too? Do you just read read the first post and then answer? If a thread has 6 pages for example, do you read the middle pages? Please, don't lie, do you take the time to read all of the answers or it just depends if the thread has a good topic of interest to you?

Generalizing, do you read all the answers of a long thread?

Bye,

DKRR

I do, because I think that between twenty answers there will be five I can use. But I also go into PM when it's something further that is going to bore the pants off everyone, at least I try too (sorry, sorry, sorry!)

R.
    668 - the neighbor of the beast

I pick and choose what I wanna read. I usually read the orginating post the closest, and go form there. If it does not interest me or I do not have an answer, I do not reply. BTW, why are you wondering about something like this DR?

Just wondering

regards

Hi,

Because i took the time to read some long threads and saw that last answers of a long thread usually are the same answers (or very similar) than some answers already made in the middle pages of a long thread. This could mean that the person didn't read some answers and so he/she answered the same thing for not reading all the posts, get it?

Bye,

DKRR

For me it depends . Usually I just go through the main page and click off new windows of all the threads I haven't read. Then I start reading a few posts (after reading what the whole thread is about), and if I get bored I just jump to the last one and see what it says. If I'm interested I keep reading through all of them. Plus it also depends on how tired I am!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Banned
    I just read the thread and not the responses from other people here. It saves a lot of time and then it all depends if I can answer that thread or not and if I can answer , I post my response regardless to what other members thinks about the thread then I assign my points to that thread.

I once got negged for posting a link to a previous post that some had posted earlier in the post. Being a reasonably intelligent person I learned from this and always read every post before I post unless its a post to the effect of what's your nickname mean or something that I can guarantee is original (similar to this post but I still read all the posts prior to posting).

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke