Thread: Unreal Security Risk

Unreal Security Risk

All the gamers out there thought that they were safe playing their games online? Think again!

Read the whole article here .
    "These bugs have been around for five years," he says. "They could be used by malicious attackers in worms or large-scale attacks that rival those of Nimda and Sapphire/Slammer... Really frightful."

But this latest set of vulnerabilities actually stem from the Unreal Engine, the core software code that is licensed out to other developers to power the action and graphics of their own games.

Danger on your disk

Some of the more popular computer games that PivX claims are affected by
    the Unreal Engine flaw include:

"Star Trek: The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard"
    "Unreal"
    "The Wheel of Time"
    "Deus Ex"
    "Mobile Forces"
    "Rune"
    "Unreal Tournament"
    "Hired Guns"
    "Navy Seals"
    "TNN Outdoor Pro Hunter"
    "Werewolf"
    "X-Com: Alliance"
    "Adventure Pinball"
    "America's Army"
    "Unreal Tournament 2003"
    There is currently no fix... so either don't play, or you will be at risk!
    I'm curious as to how many people this actually affects!
    I have two of the games, but I rarely play online...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

DAMN!! lol, i know this isn't much of a post, but i just had to express my shock and dismay.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

wow, kinda spooky. I've got three of em, and do play online. . spooky, really spooky

They need to get a fix out. . .and get it out NOW!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce