Thread: windows xp book

windows xp book

hey guys im about to buy a book on windows xp and was wondering if any of you have read any and recommend them or can tell me which ones to stay away from etc.. thanx
    Just because you don\'t see it doesn\'t mean it\'s not there

There is a great one put out by Oreily called "Learning Red Hat Linux" [gloworange]Yeah![/gloworange]

Antionline Herpetologist
    Check out Microsoft Press's site to see what MS themselves recommend. BTW, in case you're wondering, MS books tend to be very very good. Go here to check it out http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/win...xp/default.asp
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

thnx cgkanchi.. as for kidadmin i am aware you may like linux.. me too but that isnt what i asked for

Dahvid, are you looking for a book on running XP, or getting your certification, or what? One of the bext series' of books from MSPress is, IMHO, the "Pocket Consultants". I have 'em for Win2K, XP, Exchange 5.5, and Exchange 2000. Great books for carrying around and referring too.

Certification, etc would bring different recommendations.

Cheers,
    vegas
    Put down the mouse......Step away from the keyboard!
    --Me

i just wanna get the most out of my xp box and learn the complete ins and outs of the os .. thanx for ya help guys

after a while of mucking around and learning i wouldnt mind getting some certs.. but thats a little later on ..

since you're from oz i may be able to help as well, as always the idiots guide and complete newbies guides are always good, but they usually dont go into as much detail, the SAMS series of IT books are quite good and very extensive usually

this link on angus and robertson came up with a good selection of Xp books, not that ive read all of them, if any but its a start at least, even a couple on getting MCSE for xp as well

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/fro...1=Search&db=au

I have the Windows XP Inside Out book that cgkanchi gave you a link to.

I really like it. I've browsed through several others, but this one is the most complete.
    It even comes with a CD that you can install on your XP boxes. It makes it easier to search for something using the book online rather than flipping through pages and indexes.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.