Thread: *moved* C/C++ made easy

C/C++ made easy

ehi I am always me

Sevari,

Is there a certain program I need in order to write c++
    Lord Optix

Lord Optix. no you can write any program using a simple text editor like notepad. but in order to run or compile the program so you can use it, then you need a compiler. also, you can use the compiler to write your code in its own built in text editor
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Lord Optix:

For a compiler I reccomend DGPP for windows and plain 'ol cpp for *NIX =]

A great editor with text highlighting for PHP, C, Cpp, Java, Javascript or SQL, is winsyntax
    screenshot

This may be a little off topic, but I thought the AO community might find this entertaining. I'm currently enrolled in a University programming course to learn C/C++. Out of all the software that they could let us use or require us to use, they chose Visual Studio.NET ($999.99). Hmmm, wonder what they have been talking about at the CIS meatings with Microsoft over the last few weeks. To make it even better, the class I took before this programming coure required that we use Excel and Access for our class projects. ($499.99)

And they wonder why we have to bootleg.

PS: Here are some really good tutorials for learning C/C++

C Tutorial Link 1
    C Tutorial Link 2
    C Tutorial Link 3

enjoy
    ][ neta1o ][

blubberbaus

Just thought I needed to rant. Is it just me, or does anyone else reading this thread feel that C++ sucks? Don't get me wrong, this whole object oriented thing sounds like a good idea, and can be fun to screw with sometimes, but is it really worth the bloated code? Maybe it's just me, (which wouldn't be odd; I'm the only 14 year old I know who ONLY writes in C and assembly for major stuff) but I don't really see the problem with sticking with procedural programming.
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

just finished doing a useless program in c++. this article led to some interesting links-thanks!!!
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool