dialup settings

Thread: dialup settings

dialup settings

Is it possible to change the phone number used in a dialup connection. I dont mean the number you dial, but your home number.

I can see how to change the number when creating a new account but not when editing the existing settings.
    I'm on XP
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

why would you need to change it. the modem dosn't care what phone line its using except for the area code.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

...unless you're trying to hide where you're dialing from...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Well, even still, the POP/PortSource will record the Caller ID info. I know, I see it every day, when i fill out our capacity report.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

thats what i thought DT. i think the guy is under the impression the phone number should be correct for some reason.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

lol, no it's ok you don't need to worry, i'm not a super malicious hacker...I was asking the question for a friend...he's moving house, that's all.
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

Well if your friend is moving to a new location change the no. to the nearest pop & leave other settings as it is, that should connect him.
    The Power Of Your Imagination: