Thread: Feds Warn 'Patriot' Against Hack Attacks

Real patriots don't hack.Only Uncle Sam Can !

Hey All

i just found this to be funny, talk about hypocritical LOL
    In an earlier Post of mine it talked about Bush and his signing of a Cyber Warfare plan.
    LOL and now theres this..

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Real patriots don't hack. Uncle Sam says only he can do that.

The FBI's National Infrastructure Protection Center warned Wednesday that growing tensions between the United States and Iraq could lead to an increase in global computer hacking activities on both sides.

"Regardless of the motivation, the NIPC reiterates such activity is illegal and punishable as a felony," the agency warns on its Web site. "The U.S. government does not condone so-called 'patriot hacking' on its behalf.
    it even goes to state..

The warning comes less than a week after administration officials confirmed that President Bush had signed a secret order allowing the government to develop guidelines under which the United States could launch cyber attacks against foreign computer systems.
    the full story Here

like i said i just found it funny and i figured id see what any of you may have to say about it

cheers,

=edit=
    changed the title from fed warning about Patriot hacks to the currant.. just because i thought it summed it up well anyways ..Enjoy

funny

i just think how its funny that others develop skills, then once the goverment decides that they want to use these services they make it illegal to use them unless you join with them

LOL yeah its funny like i said
    just like what CXGJarrod posted to the post of the Cyber Warfare Plan
    I love the US Governments approach to hacking. You hack us and you go to jail, but if we hack other "bad" governments, then it is ok.
    I guess the Government just cant make up its mind LOL like thats anything new
    do I was we say not as we do i guess *shrugs*

I think it is sad that we have come to such a state of affairs that an individual will be prosecuted by his own govt. for attacking an enemy of said country
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

naivity just runs rampant through this forum. Even parents are guilty of "Do as I say, not as I do." For instance I curse but I don't allow my children to because they haven't learned the value or power of those words.

It's not illegal to execute a man after having due process, but if you go out and whack someone , you'll be going away for a long time. What's the difference. The gov't controls the nukes, but if you go out and build one, you'll go to jail, etc. etc.

You've heard of life, right. Well you can't get far thinking what's fair for the few is fair for the masses. That's anarchy.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson