Firewalls - Ya, but which one ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewalls - Ya, but which one ???

Arrow Firewalls - Ya, but which one ???

I've bee reading posts about firewalls and of course most everyone has had their own experience with one. What I'm wanting to know is what firewall will work best with XP.
    Lord Optix

The Iceman Cometh
    Why not search the archives? This topic's been covered tons of times. Everyone has their own preferences and it's all been covered in depth in previous posts.

AJ

jsut to let you know blackice2 is my fav , but ... did you know that the os windows xp has a firewall with it ? why not start there or at least get rid of the windows firewall, if youre going to go with a new fire wall remove windows xps firewall, it will mess with the new fire wall, why i still dont know more then likely jsut one of those gay windows things
    -[dnr]
    [shadow]you never know what will hit you [/shadow] [pong][dnr][/pong]
    [blur]everyones a poser[/blur]

Hope this will help: http://www.agnitum.com/php_scripts/compare.php

My fav is Agnitum, it's lite, easy to use and powerfull......

- Noia

PS: Agnitum Is freeware, if you select the free version...it still beats all the other ones
    Also, BlackICE failed the LeakTest.....so I wouldn't trust it....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I know XP has it's own firewall. I'm just looking for the best freeware has to offer. Something better than XP's firewall.
    Lord Optix

Try Zone Alarm (www.zonelabs.com) It is Free
    Personally .... I prefer a hardware solution like Linksys.

Banned
    I think zone alarm is the best and it is free.

Zone alarm is OK, for a free one i guess, but if you want protection, get NIS, Norton Internet Security. It is much more configurable, and still has a very easy to use GUI. IMO this is the next best thing to having your network behind a linux box runnin devil linux. It does however cost money to buy, and it's been well worth the investment to me.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Has any one here ever compared Agnitum Outpost to ZoneAlarm? I'll tell you the outcome....ZA get's thrashed....I know it has a nice GUI, but it's not nearly as comprihensive as Agnitum. Outpost also Has Ad blocking, Special Rules setup, MD5 Comparison and Plug-in Option, some thing that no other Firewall has (As far as I know)
    Well, I Higly recomend it...and It's also FREE!

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Buy a PIX. I'll even help you configure it.

Oh wait, it seems like you want a software firewall. That's ok, use IP Tables. They're awesome.

Oh wait......youre using Windows