February 13th, 2003, 06:19 PM
The Future Of JP
Wow, what a grand adventure this whole AntiOnline thing has been! I really didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started it way back in highschool
But, the future of AntiOnline is now out of my control, so I guess the only destiny that I hold in my hands now is my own (haha, sorry, but that's as sentimental as this post is going to get).
At any rate, instead of this being a log diatribe, I think I'll use the number system:
1. Yes, AntiOnline has been acquired by Jupiter Media (nasdaq: JUPM). I really felt that I had done all that I could to foster the community's growth, and that it would need a large company to help take it to the next level. Also, while I love conversing with the users of the site, learning from them, and helping them learn from me, I've grown to dispise the hassles involved in day-to-day maintenance of it, etc. etc. It was just starting to take up too much of my day, which left me with less time to do the things that I really love doing.
2. Yes, I KNOW that Jupiter Media is getting rid of the IRC Server. I've gotten a lot of e-mail about it already, so you can stop it now (heh). I will be opening up a new irc server at irc.securitalk.com (it's not up yet, but will be up before the irc.antionline.com server closes). Jupiter Media has been kind enough to agree to help make sure that all of the old irc users know about where the new meeting place will be.
3. I am MOVING TO FLORIDA!!!!! Orlando here I come! Why Florida you might ask? Well, because I think it's nice there. Three w00ts for no snow, and warm temperatures! I may have been born here, but Pennsylvania really is a scourge. The only thing I've ever gotten for the high state taxes that I pay is free anti-radiation pills. I have no idea what in the heck I'm going to do when I get there, but I'm going!
4. What does the future of my career hold? I don't know. I guess since I've sold the domains, and shut down the company, I am kind of officially unemployed. Food Stamps, Food Stamps, Food Stamps!
5. How to get ahold of me? Well, I'll still be on the boards every now and again. Plus Jupiter Media is letting me keep the email@example.com e-mail account for a year. I'll slooowly begin letting everyone know about my brand-new cool e-mail account, firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to start sending your e-mails to me there. However, please keep in mind, I no longer own the site, so you'll have to start sending your complaints about it to Jupiter Media, heh
Welp, that's it. Short, sweet, and to the point. I'll leave this thread open in case I forgot anything, you can ask it here.
Also, does anyone know of somebody that might be looking to hire an unemployed security geek?
February 13th, 2003, 06:23 PM
February 13th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Hahahahah, JP is FREEEEEEEEE
I really dont think Jup Media knows how evil us geeks can get.
We will see how they will handle it, i put my money on suicide within a year. Anyone want in on the bets?
February 13th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
- Samuel Johnson
February 13th, 2003, 07:04 PM
JP, we appreciate everything that you have done for us as far as AO is concerned - I know that it has been my number one site to frequent during the day and at night for a while now.. Thank you for the knowledge you have provided, thank you for providing a place to learn, and thank for you giving us the chance to pass our knowledge to others... It has been a great ride and I believe will continue to be..
Good luck with your future and enjoy Florida!
February 13th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Good Luck and all the Best
February 13th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Hey JP, I'd just like to say, good luck dude, I've talked to you a few times on IRC, and you've done a great job with AntiOnline, It should be fun moving to Flordia, and well, I can't really hire you yet, becasue I'm a) 14 and b) I have no money, But I'm sure your rich enough to live on your own for a few years... Good luck.
February 13th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Re: The Future Of JP
Ok,JP you gave us this great place and now you leave AO.
Wish you all the best!!!
By the way you still have to block something in Orlando !
i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
cheers and good bye
February 13th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Best of luck in everything JP. but hey ill see you on the new IRC more often now that your unemployed. Although im sure that conferences and stuff will keep you busy (if your gonna continue doing them (or should that be starting them again?)) Anyway cya around on IRC !
February 13th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Well JP, It must have been interesting in the least getting AO to what it is now. Good job... Moving to Florida eh? Heh, your gunna be about 2 hours from Liran and I, scary eh.. As far as a job, once my web solutions company is up and going (about 2 months to completion of all business aspects) we could use a good php coder Shoot me an e-mail if you'd be interested in taking small or large contracts. email@example.com . Well, if your ever in the partying mood look me up and I'll take you guys to south beach and show you what a south florida party is. See ya round.