New owner: for better or worse?

Thread: New owner: for better or worse?

Banned

New owner: for better or worse?

What do you guys think about the state of AO will be now that owners are changed. Many things are being taken away that lots of people like and use, like the profile redirect, IRC, email, etc. Do you all think that with these things gone it will improve the site, or will this only serve to make AO lose members and lose members' support/interest in this site?

Just wondering what you all think.

er0k
    i pretty much am afraid of hanging out here for very much longer. The new admin(s) are likely to be geek nazis and be afraid of letting us do anything at all. Jp knew what we were doing, he knew what it was like to be us. This board wont be the same unless Jupiter Media has someone like JP to run the thing for them. I believe jp said he was going to run IRC from his network, if not there are various others. As for email, thats no big deal, there are so many free smtps out there that anyone can get email and have it secure, if not better than @antionline.org or whatever. Personally, i think hackermail and linuxmail are great. However i use my own email so i dont bother with there sh*t. <-- new admin protection so my posts dont get deleted.

Talking Deadlines?

Originally posted here by er0k
    Personally, i think hackermail and linuxmail are great. However i use my own email so i dont bother with there sh*t. <-- new admin protection so my posts dont get deleted.
    I don't know who your Douglas Adams is, and it really doesn't matter, but your quote about deadlines had me LMAO! Thanks for the break, i think i'll go get some ice cream now before my daily workout and forget all this worldly stuff.

er0k
    haha glad you like it the old man..

is it just me, or does anyone else find it remotely odd that the new admin have terr's gold dot. for another, they dont even need antipoints. odd... give terr back the dot or give it to all of us who earn it!

Just go somewhere else for that crap. A company like "Juniwhoever" can't be bothered wth your petty email "whatever", they get paid for that sort of thing.....

They don't call me KorpDeath for nothing!

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Re: Deadlines?

Originally posted here by The Old Man

I don't know who your Douglas Adams is, and it really doesn't matter,
    Heathen! How can you not have heard of Douglas adams! Please tell me you were being sarcastic, because if not you need to go out and get yourself an education.
    Dain Bramaged