RealVNC errors in W2K SP3 -- PATCH

Thread: RealVNC errors in W2K SP3 -- PATCH

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

RealVNC errors in W2K SP3 -- PATCH

If anyone is having problems with RealVNC 3.3.6 crashing for no apparent reason under W2K with SP3, here is a patch right from the developer. This fix should be incorporated in the next release of RealVNC.

> > "Wez",
    > >
    > > Could I get a copy of the debug build? I can provide crash
    > info if the
    > > above fix doesn't solve the problem...
    >
    > Please find the (actually release but patched) build,
    > attached. Let me know how you get on.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > --
    > Wez @ RealVNC Ltd. - http://www.realvnc.com
    > Open Source VNC - Commercial Support & Development
    Hope this helps out!

i use vnc allot but havnt had any problems with it....so far. Thanks for the info and the link just incase i need it
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Glad to help out.

I only have one machine that has the issue and I thought it may have just been a bad install. After looking closer, the program was choking on a country code. I contacted the developer and he verified that it was an issue and he sent me the patch that I posted above.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Why do you use VNC though? I'm just wondering? Because you could use the Terminal Services and remotely take ove the desktop with less bandwidth usage and better preformance. I use to use VNC myself until XP came out. Plus that's the other nice thing, you can remote desktop from XP into a 2000 machine with Terminal Services enabled.

Or maybe that can be a thought for anyone who sees this that might use this mainly for connecting to computers inside their network. I even have mine hooked up to connect into my mail machine through my router from the Internet (do all my chatting and email from my home computer while I;m at work, so all I have to do is close one window... heheh)
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

AciDriveHB,

I use VNC for stability, cost (Free!! :-) ) and security reasons, though I have nothing against Terminal Services. Also, for the tasks that I need to perform, I don't need all the features that Terminal Services has.

Basically, it's a nice simple tool for logging into servers to perform basic management tasks.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden