View Poll Results: are you glad im here?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i love you!!!!!!

2 20.00%
  • yes your awesome and funny

0 0%
  • Yes your soooo punk rock!!

4 40.00%
  • Yes your humor and flames get me through the day!!

4 40.00%

Thread: Poll : Changes in AO

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak

Poll : Changes in AO

Ok , First of all this isn't my idea, but good old soulemans, which I thought be a good one.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...994#post602669

Let's do a poll then on the things Jupman and co possibly wants change :

I think this one could become a nice one to give a general view what the AO-ers want.

Greetz,

PS : I know there are some difficulties for Jupiter, for ex. irc, but let's vote anyway..

You'll never know....

Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

.: Shrekkie :., I am not sure how productive this poll is going to be. Gus/JupMan has already stated that the IRC does not fit into their current business model and therefore will be removed (they will provide links). He has also stated that he see pro's and con's to the AP system but will have to look further into it before any decision is made. In short, having a poll about these issues seems silly as, either the decision has already been made, or more investigation is required to make the decision. They are in fact the new owners, and like JP did before them, they will make a decision which is in their interests more than in ours.

My 2 cents.

Cheers:
    DjM

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    DjM,

Your 2 cents are fully accurate, but as I always say ... You don't try, you don't win...

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Even if The IRC idea was good, the decision has already been done (and everybody must recognize it was sometimes more like a soap opera than like a serious and professional assembly of "security gurus").
    For the AntiPoint system, it has its failures, it creates a sort of inequality between members and there are a lot of abuses. But it is also necessary to prevent other forms of abuses, and as I assume it is impossible to monitor each post by moderators/administrators it is still the best solution (or the less worse).

KC
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Lol, the vote from Jupman is to get rid of them both. I really don't want either to go, and I think we might lose some members if we get rid of IRC (although it's been said we can't keep it) and the AP system was a way to determine the good members and posts from the bad one's, so maintaining the forums and whatnot could be difficult if we totally scrap the AP system. It's not my choice, but that's JMHO.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I know a lot of people would like to keep Chat. You don't need to prove it to me.

The reason we can't keep it is financial. You may want to check out this story which explains how another Dot Com is on its way out of business.

It's about how Salon.com, even though it is has a lot of fans who go there all the time, loses money and will probably close shop soon. They can't even afford to pay the rent.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...15/BU95644.DTL

What about the JAVA chat ?
    I'm sure you could think about that.

Edit : Guyz, we are sure of a securitalk IRC, let's trash this idea.
    Jupiter Media is simply firm that they not gonna give us IRC anyway.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"