Opera turns MSN into a bunch of muppets

Thread: Opera turns MSN into a bunch of muppets

Opera turns MSN into a bunch of muppets

Hey All,

I found this pretty funny LOL figured some of you would as well
    I almost put this in Tech Humor LoL

Niche browser maker Opera Software is taking a swing at software Goliath Microsoft, releasing a new version of its Opera 7 for Windows browser that operates normally on every Web page but one, that of Microsoft's MSN.

The new browser, dubbed the Opera 7 "Bork" edition, translates the language on the MSN page to that of the famous Swedish Chef Bork from The Muppet Show.
    the rest of the story Here

You've got to be kidding me, that is insane!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!

Lol. Very clever.

Nice to see Opera ensuring productive and happy lives for the masses by taking drastic but neccessary measures against the satanically-twisted msn.
    Stop the unborn chicken voices in my head...

haha, now thats something i gotta see. i use opera 6.05 and it works good. ecspecialy when AO's images servers go down. haha, knowing M$ they would want to place a lawsuit against them.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Helsinki, Finland
    Remember that this (Bork Edition) is just a counter strike to what MSN did to Opera. freeOn posted about it a couple of months ago: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=126218

Here's a part of the Opera Official Press Release:
    Oslo, Norway - Feb 14, 2003

Two weeks ago it was revealed that Microsoft's MSN portal targeted Opera users, by purposely providing them with a broken page. As a reply to MSN's treatment of its users, Opera Software today released a very special Bork edition of its Opera 7 for Windows browser. The Bork edition behaves differently on one Web site: MSN. Users accessing the MSN site will see the page transformed into the language of the famous Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show: Bork, Bork, Bork!

In October 2001, Opera users were blocked from the MSN site. The event caused an uproar among Web users and MSN was forced to change their policy. However, MSN continues a policy of singling out its Opera competitor by specifically instructing Opera to hide content from users.
    More technical documentation, Why doesn't MSN work with Opera, here. And a quote:
    As can be seen in the table above, Opera7 receives a style sheet which is very different from the Microsoft and Netscape browsers. Looking inside the style sheet sent to Opera7 we find this fragment:

ul {
    margin: -2px 0px 0px -30px;

The culprit is in the "-30px" value set on the margin property. This value instructs Opera 7 to move list elements 30 pixels to the left of its parent. That is, Opera 7 is explicitly instructed to move content off the side of its container thus creating the impression that there is something wrong with Opera 7.
    The ftp-server, wherefrom the Opera 7 Bork Edition is supposed to be downloaded, is password protected which seems to mean that Bork is not available for download anymore... If someone knows about a mirror (or knows the user/pass) please point it out for me!
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25