PayPal users are under attack by worms...

Thread: PayPal users are under attack by worms...

PayPal users are under attack by worms...

Guys,

Here's some interesting info.

PayPal users are under attack by an increasingly sophisticated series of e-mail worms.

The most recent mailing, sent Feb. 10 was full of spelling errors. With the subject line "PayPal Account Manager," it read: "PayPal has just finish our lastest breakthrough in customer server. The PayPal Account Manager. With this program, you can now have LIVE 24/7 support with aPayPal Tech Support Operator. We hope this increases your PayPal experience."

Attached to the message was a compressed file called AccountManager.zip, which contained an executable file that installed a program to surreptitiously intercept and log keystrokes on the user's computer (in order to steal passwords and other confidential information)...
    Source and full story here

Bye,

DKRR

Banned
    Wow man Thanks God I don't use it anymore. I use to do business on e-bay and I used paypal so frequently but not anymore.

But I feel sorry for those who got infected. I hope they got antivirus.

I hear a lot of bad things about PayPal, and this is icing on the cake in my book anyway. Some interesting bits to read are:

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/...053002a,00.asp
    http://www.paypalwarning.com/Default.htm <--this site is a little extreme, but oh well...

Despite the rumors and other bad things, I hope this problem gets resolved soon

regards

man... Freaky... i just got that email...
    Im Chris Bartholomew - 18 Years old

TSeNg
    questions? Cxbartholomew@yahoo.com

See this is why I always just delete the email, unless the header says something about me owing or paying money. That's sad though, because Ebay promotes PayPal and a lot of other places are starting to. I mean come on, get your act together people! If you've got a problem then deal with it rather than letting it grow into worm after virus after trojan and things are getting to the customers. Not good, because that only makes me wonder if my account information might be all over the Internet now, with my credit card number, etc. I would be pissed! Well if someone uses it unauthed, then I know who to sue!

Great post, thanks!!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    AciDriveHB is correct, and besides in a situatuion such as this....if a site wanted you to download something they would provide a link redirecting you back to the original site. They would not send an executable. People just need to exercise a little common sense.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Oh totally! True it takes the part of the end user to know that if anyone sends them an exe file (or doc, or anything anymore... but that's a different topic) that they should not open it.

< rant >

Though I still can't get over how many problems PayPal is having. If your name is known by a lot of people, you should be getting enough money to at least use an antivirus program on your servers. A company's #1 job should be to protect their customer's private information. Have we not have enough problems with identity theft and what not these days? </rant >
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]