Woo Hoo Linux is alive...ALIVE!!

Thread: Woo Hoo Linux is alive...ALIVE!!

Talking Woo Hoo Linux is alive...ALIVE!!

I finally got SuSE on my laptop to boot and I love it! This is so great! I hope everyone that doesn't have Linux, goes out and gets it!

HAHAH SO HAPPY!! MUAHAHAHA!!!

I finally got SuSE on my laptop to boot and I love it! This is so great! I hope everyone that doesn't have Linux, goes out and gets it!
    Congratulations on your installation of SuSE It's a great distro, isn't it?

Now you can play around with the other neat-o apps. Try EMacs or KDevelop...

Cheers!

You mean there are people who don't use *nix? You've got to be kidding me!

Seriously though...I'm typing this from a red hat 7.3 box. My eight year old has a Mandrake 8.1 machine in her room. I have a FreeBSD and two Slackware machines in the house. The only M$ around here is a dual boot win 98/slackware laptop and my wifes XP/gentoo box.

Linux = Love my friend. Glad you're here.

FamStars&Straps: congrats to you!

I know how you feel. It took me months to figure out how to install RH6.1 on an old Toshiba laptop. The HD was only like 200mb, so I had to choose wisely and to get X to work! HAHA took a couple more weeks of tweaking the xconfig file... pain in the arse, but feels good when you finish a project.

Of course... I didn't spend months just on that. I would get fustrated/busy and put it away for a rainy day... then pick it back up and play some more.

EDIT: 500th post! w00t!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    Congrats FamStars&Straps!!

I felt the same way with a Slackware install a year ago. Then it got stolen from my apartment.
    Now I force to used my girlfriends XP box until I finish build this other pc that will host FreeBSD.

play with VI its my favorite editor

see man told you (i was PM him on ways to try and get it to work so he could install it and i guess it works for him now)

Heh...actually I had to give my laptop to a friends dad who had SuSE. He had to mess with it. I don't know exactly what he did, I'd like to know, but he fixed it and I'm happy.

Anyone know of any other fun stuff I can do on Linux?

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Congratulations on your SuSE Linux. Its really a good distribution with many applications.

Anyone know of any other fun stuff I can do on Linux
    Well, you could do the things that this site here has been posting over the last couple of years. Whats more fun than that? Security, networking, security, networking, security, networking. Not to forget the broad range of different servers that came along your distribution.

Enjoy.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"