Useful Port Info (comprehensive list)

Thread: Useful Port Info (comprehensive list)

Useful Port Info (comprehensive list)

Hey All,

Seeing all the Port related questions lately , it reminded me of a link to a list of all the ports and what they are assigned to I saw it on a show a while back where someone was asking about closing ports for security but not knowing what ports to actually close anyways i found the link and i hope its a help to anyone wondering or wanting to know what port#'s are actually assigned to what and what services use them

hope this is helpful to all.. you can find the list Here It is very very loooong and very comprehensive hope anyone interested finds it a useful resource

enjoy,

=Edit=
    I just saw an earlier post from today http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=240093 that also listed this link .. i appologise I didnt see this thread prior to this post .. sorry for the double link in that case

Everything I ever needed to know about ports!-Boy you weren't kidding when you said the list was long but I copied and pasted and it is one of those things I will be glad to have filed someday-thanks

why is this post "negative"???
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

LOL Thank you, it's answered a few questions that I've been trying to figure out about what ports I need to forward for some stuff I use!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

glad i could be of some help (finally!) LOL