Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Yourself....How Panic Proof Are You?

Test Yourself....How Panic Proof Are You?

During the 1950s, government officials were very concerned that, in the event of an atomic attack, law and order would break down irrevocably as the nation dissolved into widespread panic and hysteria. In its publicity campaigns the Federal Civil Defense Administration wanted to frighten people sufficiently to encourage them to take part in drills, but not to incapacitate them with fear. The following government-sponsored quiz appeared in the August 21, 1953 issue of Collier's magazine as a supplement to an article about human behavior during nuclear attack. It was intended to help readers from becoming "victims of panic." Click Here to take the test.

That's so cool! And I got 110.8 (which means I'm panic-proof apparently)

R
    668 - the neighbor of the beast

Apparently calling me would be a pretty big mistake, which didn't really surprise me as the test itself stressed me out

Your score is : 47.2
    A score of less than 50 means you're likely to panic in an emergency. You're not very likely to panic if your score is between 50 and 70. If it's between 70 and 90, you're panic-resistant. Above 90, you're as close to being panic-proof as a human can be. Men should score a trifle higher than women.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    guys i clicked submit but nothing happens, was that the test?
    i saved the page and all but that didn't help. now i don wanna close the page but it's 03:06 and drew need sleep for work.....

edit: well i did the only thing i could do, .... Reset. now i'm off to bed, what a waste of time...

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Your score is : 161.9
    A score of less than 50 means you're likely to panic in an emergency. You're not very likely to panic if your score is between 50 and 70. If it's between 70 and 90, you're panic-resistant. Above 90, you're as close to being panic-proof as a human can be. Men should score a trifle higher than women

I hope i dont get send to a warzone
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

39.9. . .I guess I'm a nervous reck if there's ever an emergency.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

First off, the "fill in the 0's" hurt my trigger finger......uh index fnger, I meant.

Interesting, the way it calculates your score.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

119 but I cheated on the zeros, i just used tab and spacebar. I am curious how it decides your score though
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I got a 29.8, thats prity scarey.

drew: It may not have worked for you if you have javascript disabled or disabled javascript popups, you may want to check your browser settings, a window should have opened to tell you your score. I hope helps.

57.5 I think I wouldn't be such a pain in an emergency. lol but man if it is atomic attack we would not be alive would we?