Thread: Playstation 2 Questions

Playstation 2 Questions

I recently got a Playstation 2 for Christmas and have
    007 Nightfire
    GTA 3
    GTA Vice City
    Medal of Honor
    Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty

I have a few questions. What games are worth buying for the PS2? I like 3rd person and first person shooters and all around fun games.

I have heard of SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals but have never played it? Is it worth buying? And when I buy the network adapter, how does it setup, and do I have to pay an annual fee to play?

Thanks in advance
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

you have to purchase SOCOM. I love that game and if you really feel like splurging you can get the online hookup and play teams with others across the us/world whatever. eventhough their online network kind of sucks.

Madden is always fun, the tiger woods pga 2003 is fun too. have fun with it, but socom is a blast
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click

Here are some useful links for you as well, so you can read reviews and comments get codes etc in helping in your buying decisions ummm i like Devil May Cry its cool too and you look to have a nice library started
    anyways hope these help ya,00.html

I bought Red Faction 2....Its a nice game. Has the look and feel of Quake 3 and Unreal tournment put together.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Wasn't Red Faction built with the Quake 3 engine? That might explain why it plays like it! lol
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

Although it may not be your type, you can never go wrong with Final Fantasy Another one I enjoy is Twisted Metal Black.

You guys all gotta try GTA3 Vice City.

Old Fart
    Simple advice (based on experience) from my 10 yr old son...

Rent it before you buy it
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

i would recommend GTA:Vice City

i know you already have it, but you might as well get another copy since youre going to melt that one with the ridiculous hours youll spend playing it.

oh, and hitman2 is probably one of the best games ever!!!

punctuation is for lazy people!!! Er...
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

Thumbs up Timesplitters

For a great 'bare-bones' first person shooter I recommend TimeSplitter 1 & 2. These game are perfect for the PS2 multi-tap to play with 3 friends. And TimeSplitters 2 has an improved one-player story mode. These games aren't as sophisticated in their plot as, say, Red Faction, but they are fun if you want to just 'pick-up-and-play' and kill someone. The controls utilize the dual analog sticks which if you're not used to them are difficult to get used to but once you become familiar you'll never want to play a first person shooter any other way. TimeSplitters 2 is, of course, better than the first but I still love to go back and relive the old days as a pure, unadulterated killing machine.