Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player

Im havin a bit of trouble with indows media player. Lately, when i am using it (i.e watching a film), and i turn it off by clicking on the 'X', media player shuts down as normal, but the audio can still be heard. The only way to get rid of the audio is to play it again and click 'stop' before shutting it down.

Any1 know how i can stop this?

Thanks

p.s. Im running win xp home

Im not sure if this will work for you, but i had a not so major problem with Windows Media Player, where i was getting an error message saying something like "invalid format" etc... and i was running movies with various formats of mine that had always worked before in Windows Media Player. Believe it or not i ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it fixed it(perhaps some sort of spyware had infected it in some way)im not sure. Maybe it will work for you as well. Good Luck with that.

<edit> sorry about that Chris, i was responding to something a tad different i reckon.

Usually if this happens to me, I open WMP again, close it again and things are back to normal

Banned
    I've been looking for the option to change that, but I can't seem to find it. What I was looking for is something that you can set at the installation of WMP. I recently upgraded to WMP 9, and at the installation there's an option you can set to 'Stop playing audiofiles/CD's on exit'... or something similar... It's weird that I can't seem to find it in WMP's options, though...

that option to stop playing on close was nice and easy to find in the other versions....they like playing pranks i think now or they forgot to "re program that in".

Neggy are you in love with me???????????????????

Banned
    Neggy are you in love with me???????????????????
    I assume you're referring to my signature?

I don't have WMPv9 cause when I upgraded to it some time ago... it wouldnt' let me play a lot of the media files I had. Gave me "access denied" messages... like I wasn't the owner.

I thought it was the start of DRM in WMP... so I did a roll back.

Ah well, I don't have your answer... but if you want... you can increase the performance with a couple of .reg tweaks found here . Apply as necessary.

Oh... When you minimize WMP9, it just puts itself on the taskbar with all the controls on there.
    I thought that was pretty swift... too bad it was blocking me out of files that are legally mine.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I don't have WMPv9 cause when I upgraded to it some time ago... it wouldnt' let me play a lot of the media files I had. Gave me "access denied" messages... like I wasn't the owner.
    I had the same sorta problems with WMP 9 too, im not sure if its just buggy or what, but coming from microsoft im sure it is. It wasnt giving me the "access denied" message but a more lengthy one. I went back to the default one in XP not sure what version that is. Havent had any problems since then.

Guys,

I have some of the problems you have too like the one where you still here the music after closing WMP9.

These are never-ending-problems and here's why: mostly any versions of a program that is released obviously have their respective bugs (let's put an example, Windows Media Player 8) so then, slowly, they start releasing patches and patches to fix these bugs, OK, then, one day, you say: "cool!!!, i haven't had any problems with Windows Media Player 8 since i installed all the released patches for it, again, cool!!! ", but now what?, that same they someone tells you that Windows Media Player 9 have been released and many, many people (me included) go get it in a hurry, "oh!!! a new version with a better graphic interface", but what happen?, yes, a new good graphic interface... but... again... many new bugs to get you busy getting the patches and again, when you are happy because everything's working fine, you find out that Windows Media Player 10 have been released and go get it again, so... these are never-ending-problems...
    I said it above, although i know new releases will come with new bugs to fix, i like new graphic interfaces and new versions so i'm used to put up with the problems.

That's my opinion.

Finishing, i should said i haven't found a way to solve the still-hearing-the-music problem in WMP9.

Bye,

DKRR

I most often hear of this problem for one reason. Sounds to me like you're running WMA from within Internet Explorer. I'm assuming you're referring to the "Media Tab" along the left hand side? That happens occasionally for me too. My solution? Don't run any media from within IE! If it ever prompts you for that again, tell it to run in it's own window. That usually solves the problem for me.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */