Hacked !!!!!! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hacked !!!!!!

Any suggestions for a good proggy to watch my ports
    I have tried a ton of NetStats like software and I consider NeoMonitor as the best. It works fine and it have some interesting side features.
    Just my 2 cents.

KC
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Yeah, Neomonitor is nice.

This was a great thread to read over, and lemme add something to it, before it dies off.

Over the last 2 days, I've had people, from french isp's, trying to access my machine via port 21 according to ZoneAlarm, just though that was ironic.

Pretty weird, I'd say.

Probably just random port-scans and idiot skiddies trying to "hack" my box.

All i know is, I don't know what I did to piss off France, but they really wanna get in, heh.

LMAO My 2 year old version of Neomon is still the current ver. That's great.

Beryllium9, I wouldn't say anyone gave bad advice. A lot of different things have been said in this thread. I appreciate being able to learn from all of them.

However, what you say certainly makes a lot of sense.

I especially like your description of how you would set it up. I'm just a newb but it sounds very logical to me.

What do you other folks think?

I'm curious Bery, what webserver software would you use? (Win based).
    KapperDog

Sounds like ur being tested in the 1st phase, looks like they wanted u to know u were open to attack, they already looked around found nothing they needed and decided to make u nervous. They may be back but doubtful. But u are aware of ur weakness now so when u think u have it secure let me know and Ill send a bot at u.

Windows-based web servers is a hard one. I've not had much experience with them, apart from the dreaded IIS, and apache. None of them seemed to perform as well as apache under *NIX though. Someone else would be better advising on what web server to use under windoze than me, I'd be out of my depth here.