Thread: War problem solved...fight from cubicle

Old Fart

War problem solved...fight from cubicle

If every country had these then perhaps the human cost of war would become more tolerable...perhaps even non-existent.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Not if the U.S. is invloved in it. This, I'm sure, is some type of conspiracy. Just ask any of the anti-American members here at AO.

Since all the world's problems are the product of some type of U.S. policy I'm sure even robots will turn.

I propose to JupiterMedia that they change the name of this board to Anti-American. A play on words even our most "special" members would understand.

<edit>
    HA!! You can't even vent in this community without receiving ridicule from some random UNSIGNED member.

"So just are those who spite without naming themselves." -me

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

sounds familiar...

http://www.terminator3.com/

Kinda sounds like an old movie called robot jocks that I saw when I was younger where really big robots that had one man in them would fight over property and over the wars.

Edit. we could use these
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Ya robots. Cant see this going wrong.

I have always wondered if we could achieve a "more inteligent" and effective method, of handling disputes without the risk of human loss of life.

That could be accomplished if our governments were not being led by "power". Let the citizens of every country on this planet decide how to govern it, not the richest, not the most powerful, not the largest landowner, not any single person, just the people most effected by any government decision, that countries own unique citizens.

I think that border disputes could be bridged more with peaceful means, such as just smile and be nice to your neighbors.

Religious disputes should NEVER happen, simply...mind your own beliefs and don't worry about someone elses beliefs, is it so hard to put yourself into their shoes and see why they beleive what they do?

As long as material prestige exhists, there will never be peace.

As for the robots? hmmmm, lets get 5 of our highest leaders together with a combined iq of Albert Einstien's and see how long it takes them to decide weather to use plastic or stainless steel screws to hold the battery cover on.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

sounds very nice and wishfull thinking.
    Wars are the damned gift of humanity, the humans are the only species to have mastered the art of vengeance and put all of his ressources at it.
    some 90% of the stuff that surrounds us comes from weapon related material. Think about it, internet:ARPANET, cell phones: digital encrytpion, steel: stronger spears...
    will it change? not any time soon because our minds has given us the power to shape our surroundings faster then we could adapt to it.
    so the robots will be next ...
    assembly.... digital dna ?

You know what I've always thought concerning this issue. It's the politicians that want to go to war but rarely do you see them willing to do that job. If a country wants to go to war with another country, I say step in the ring... Have the two leaders fight a no-holds-barred fight, bare fist, and put them in a cage. (Just in case one of them has second thoughts.)

Considering the physical shape most of the world's leaders are in the "war" would last a couple of minutes at most. Hell, you could even put it on pay-per-view..

How's that for constructive?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

er0k
    Well korpdeath i know you are joking about the leaders fighting in the ring like that, but if you think about the reprocussion involved. soon our leaders would be the biggest and buffest people that can fight the best just so that country can take over. Eventually world politics would turn into a big game and nothing would ever get done. This is the way to do it however, by having people fight that dont hold power really. the robot think is beserk and not true im sure. No one would ever unleash an entire army like that on people. A plane, yes i could see that because it is still controlled by a human, but an army? doubt it. they would have to have intelligent recruits then. most of the kids i see going to the army from around here arent exactly book smart, and would have alot of trouble making good decisions with their million dollar piece of equipment. Cause think about it, ever soldier would have to have one or we wouldnt have an adequate army. And it would be only too easy for the other side to just destroy these robots, every bit as easy as it is to kill a human. Just shoot them in the head.

Originally posted here by er0k
    Well korpdeath i know you are joking about the leaders fighting in the ring like that, but if you think about the reprocussion involved. soon our leaders would be the biggest and buffest people that can fight the best just so that country can take over. Eventually world politics would turn into a big game and nothing would ever get done. This is the way to do it however, by having people fight that dont hold power really. the robot think is beserk and not true im sure. No one would ever unleash an entire army like that on people. A plane, yes i could see that because it is still controlled by a human, but an army? doubt it. they would have to have intelligent recruits then. most of the kids i see going to the army from around here arent exactly book smart, and would have alot of trouble making good decisions with their million dollar piece of equipment. Cause think about it, ever soldier would have to have one or we wouldnt have an adequate army. And it would be only too easy for the other side to just destroy these robots, every bit as easy as it is to kill a human. Just shoot them in the head.
    Believe me when I say I'm not picking on you. But world politics IS just a big game. I'll give you an example, Turkey, NATO ally, ready to accept all the help from U.S. it can to protect itself, but when the U.S. wants to use some of their bases to stage our men, they turn to what amounts to extortion. Tell me that's not a big game?

You are quite correct that the robot thing is a joke. I could just go down to my local Radio Shack (electronics store) and pick up parts to build a HERF (High Energy Radio Frequency)gun that could disable most electronics in a nice big area.
    - Samuel Johnson