MAC addicts, do you have 16K - 22K?

Thread: MAC addicts, do you have 16K - 22K?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

MAC addicts, do you have 16K - 22K?

A rare Apple I, one of only 30 known to still be in circulation, is up for sale. The sad thing is that I can remember these machines as a VERY young comp geek...

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,57721,00.html

Have fun with this!

Very nice. Unfortunately, I was only around for the coming out of the Apple II (which I had one at home) and never was able to get one of these.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Very pretty. Hey CXGJarrod, I learned how to geek on an Apple IIe, in fact, I still have one. . functional . . with software. . "Charlie Browns ABC's and Math Blaster. Discovered WAY in the back of storage @ my work, They were getting ready to throw it in the dumpster, when I saved it. I dunno, piece of my past. The little guy now sit's comfortably in my living room.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

Ooo, that's very cool to hear. You have an Apple IIe sitting in your living room *starts to drool* You're a geek girl after my own heart! If there were more of you, I think geekiness would become the "popular" thing to be ;-)
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Now, i know Mac's are a little bit more expensive than PC's- but c'mon 14-22K yeah right ::giggle's:: anyway- i really like the wood grain keyboard!

<edit>i deffinately see techtech becoming popular at these forums
    btw techtech- nice signature </edit>
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

oh come on, I hate MAC but that apple is a classic right there. Those were hand made by the guy who co-founded teh company. I would buy it just for the historical value! Plus look at the great condition it's in!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

techtech: AppleWorks, the ultimate word processor... Or FredWriter There were many a good program for the Apple II that brightened my days when I was younger. I still remember my first hard drive for that computer. 20 megs and it cost $350!!

I used to love playing a game called Number Munchers. Great game!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

no unfortunatly thehorse13 the oldest apple (Macintosh) i have has 512k so it wouldn't rate the $16,000 the apple 1 is expected to fetch. not that id ever sell it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hahaha, I think you have found the next wave of case mods, tampabay420. No longer will geeks try to cram in pretty blinking bits and other paraphenalia to make their computers look like borg ships, instead luxury computer mods.

Teak inlayed cases, ivory (faux of couse) keyboards with mother of pearl drive covers. Cases worth more than the internal bits, and better yet, the cases won't devalue...

Of course, then you'd have to find geeks willing to spare the cash on teak rather than that other processor for their dual proc mobo...

As much as I love Apple that kind of money would just about cover my dream system. This is an intersting phenomena though, geek collectors. Must be horrible decision to make, "should I go with cases of vintage wine, fine art, or that Apple I?"
    Boy do I wish I had that problem...

Dhej