Thread: Can't log into AO from home

Can't log into AO from home

This is most likely not a bug of the site but rather a bug at my home pc. I can connect just fine to AO when I am at work, but not at home. I get the error page that AO is in the process of moving and should be done in about 3 hours.... this is dated for feb 25. I have not changed any of my settings on my home computer. I cleared cookies, tried different browsers. I use Win ME, and am at a loss. Probably something simple I keep looking at but not seeing. Both at home and at work we are on cable internet, with different ISP's.

Thanks in advance.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Sounds like your home ISP is a little slow on the DNS propogation and/or are using webcaching to give the false sense of fast connection. I'd contact them about it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

try to clear your cache.

perhaps you are just reloading the same page over again. i had that problem at work and not at home. but int ended up being the cache in my proxy box.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?