Thread: What happened?

What happened?

I have a very strange problem. I'm using the Khufu name because my real account (TechnologyBudda) doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I sign in, i'm taken to the "thank you for logging in" screen, after which I am returned to the main site, still not logged in. I'm not very happy about this and would like to know if anything similar has happened to anyone else.
    To err is human,
    to cover it up is weasel.

Yes, some weeks ago it went wild, but has been OK since then. Several times when i signed in i went to someone's profile as i recall, and sometimes did not go anywhere at all. Then of course one time i tried to sign into the forum with my 'email' username and addy, and it told me to take a hike. Hope you get your main account back. If you can enter your old username, and click "forgot password" maybe the system will dig it out and send the pwd to you at your registered email addy. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. However, I have already tried it. I am still returned to the main site not logged in. I've tried tweaking my security settings, but that doesn't seem to work either. This has been going on for much longer than a few weeks though. I just haven't had time to do much about it until recently.
    To err is human,

The Iceman Cometh
    Clear your cookies and your Temporary Internet Cache. The same thing's happened to some other people, and that's how they resolved it.

AJ

I was having the exact same problem at this site and a few others (some would work some wouldnt),it drove me nuts ,i figured out it had something to to do with my firewall(disabled it and everything worked fine) i lowered and played with all the settings and it still didn't work arhggg, so i reinstalled it and now everything is fine ,I can't figure why because all my new settings are the same as the original ones but now i can log in so im happy, hope this helps

Thanks, I'll try that.
    To err is human,

I've cleared cookies and temporary internet, but it still doesn't work. I am not using a firewall at the moment. It is similar to the profile thing that is actually happening to me as well on THIS username.
    To err is human,

Are you set up to always allow cookies, etc., from antionline.com? It sounds as if it is a cookie issue (even though you have cleaned your cache out)... Try setting that up and see what you get...
    - Maverick