Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many Thanks - Computer Build a big Success.

Talking Many Thanks - Computer Build a big Success.

Just wanted to thank all you folks on AO for the good advice on the computer build. I had posted my system layout and got some good advice from all of you. ACIDDRIVE and I built my machine 3 weeks ago this weekend and it rocks. Below are the specs:

2.66ghz P4 Northwood 533FSB
    512 Mgs DDR RAM
    Radeon 9500 Pro 8x AGP video Card
    Audio Gamer Sound Card
    Burner (can't remember the speed)
    DVD drive
    Floppy Drive
    Liquid cooled by coolance - video, chipset, hard drive, processor
    MSI motherboard

I think ACIDDRIVE will agree - its a sweet machine.

Just wanted to put a huge thank you out to all the AOers that submitted posts in helping us make build decisions.

Banned
    did u get a liteon burner. they so cool

also did u get tray or slot?

No Litheon

No litheon burner - sorry - and forgive me - what do you mean about tray or slot?

Cool,

Now you can experience the speed!! I've also started to build my own box. With a ASUS P4PE motherboard; Pentium 4/ 2,4 GHZ with 1024 MB Ram; Geforce 4 Videocard. Hopefully up and running at the end of the Februari. Still looking for a good cooling system.
    Remember...the most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=298

Banned
    tray is what most pplz have,
    slot mean u put the cd in a hole ot "slot" and the computer eats the cd ... mmmmmmm
    like on thoese colorful imacs

OK

That's what I figured you meant - mine's a tray - nothing fancy on the burner - I think I went all out enough on the liquid cooled processor, video card stuff - as long as I can burn stuff at a decent speed, I didn't care too much - I went from a 4X burner to a 24x burner or something like that...so burning a cd in 3 minutes as opposed to 30 minutes was nice.

Banned
    lol ... yeah burner is burner but slots look so coooooooooool + they not much more xpensive

cool

Cool - eventually, I'll upgrade to a DVD burner - I'll make sure its a slot instead of a tray - just to keep all the techie's happy

Banned
    mmmmmmm dvd burner ... they are about 400AU now. how does that compare with america?
    anyway congrats on your system.

Here, they are about 329 US bucks....I'll wait - in one year, they'll be 150.