Thread: NT Audit Logs

NT Audit Logs

I haven't done this in a while and I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong. I'm looking to save my current audit logs and create a new log in which NT will write the new entries to.

I haven't done this in a while either, but I seem to remember that when you go to clear or delete the log, it will ask you if you want to save/back-up first. Like I said, it's been a while so you might want to test it on a log that you don't care if you lose.

Cheers:
    DjM

Yep, when you right click on the log you want to delete in the Event Viewer, a dialog box comes up asking if you want to save the current log before deletion. Just click yes, specify where, and clear.
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?

Just a little something to add...

When you save logs on a NT box, you have to save them locally unless you change the format from .evt to .csv or .txt. For some reason, NT doesn't like you to save it to a network drive.

If you are connecting to the event viewer of an NT box from a win2k box, then you can save the logs wherever you want. 2k doesn't care where you save the logs either.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.