Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An open letter

As anyone that knows me can tell I have not been posting political threads lately and am trying (hard…its not easy)not to respond to them. They accomplish nothing but turning allot of really nice people against each other and take away from the objective here of helping each other in the security field.

I do have to make an exception in this case while still refraining from arguing the pros/cons of a war with iraq.

There was a thread knocking germany by rollin5150. I don’t want to see germany knocked particularly but the fact that the thread was deleted upsets me. Why is this thread ok and that one not. I guess its possible rollin5150 deleted it him/herself but I doubt it. So because this thread deals with the use-full/less-ness of the UN and NATO im going to post the reply I had written to that thread here:

let me get this straight, its fine to bash a country as long as its the US? is that what this is all about. i dont hear anyone protesting when someone knocks america. some may defend it but no one says its out of line to knock our country

so unless your anti-war w/iraq and bash president bush often… your a redneck. what a bunch of bullshit.

personally im not anti-german, Belgium or anti anybody. but i agree with rollin5150 on the fact that we shouldn't be wasting our resources on those that dont want or need our help.

looks like our government might be having a change of heart on this as well:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sa_troops_dc_2

Rumsfeld said South Korea possesses an economy probably 25 to 35 times greater than North Korea's, adding that the South Koreans have "all the capability in the world of providing the kind of up-front deterrent that's needed."

"And I suspect that what we'll do is we'll end up making some adjustments there," Rumsfeld said. "Whether the forces would come home or whether they'd move farther south on the peninsula or whether they'd move to some neighboring area are the kinds of things that are being sorted out. The same thing's true with our forces in Western Europe."

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

so maybe now they can spend THEIR hard earned money defending themselves or not defending themselves as the case may be against enemies both real or imaginary and we wont have to listen to their bitching anymore. Take care of ourselves and our real friends and screw the rest.

If anyone else feels this way please contact your representative and let them know your behind them on this….down with the UN! down with NATO!

That goes for those living in other nations as well. If your offended by Rumsfeld’s THREAT of pulling military aid write your leaders and let them know you don’t want it to begin with…please
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

What's ridiculous is the people who "fail" to see this. As I said before in another thread, North Korea is over there rattling their cage threatening nuclear annihilation with an itchy trigger finger and Iraq hasn't made a peep or set foot across their borders in 10 years.
    North Korea is just opportunistic. i'd love for the US to pull out of South Korea. then South Korea and China would be forced to deal with them. trust me, just because China and N. Korea are both communist doesn't mean they like each other.

on the subject of oil, i'd like to introduce a quote from Vox Day on the economics of foreign trade:

What do we pay for oil? Dollars. They send us oil and we give them dollars. And where do dollars come from? The Fed creates them – $10.348 billion worth in reserve credit just last week, which, thanks to the reserve requirement, means that banks were able to lend out $103.48 billion of money that did not previously exist. That $100 billion goes to pay for a lot of things, including all the oil that the oil companies wish to import. The oil companies then sell the oil, and book the difference between the selling price and the cost of the oil plus the low-interest cost of the loan as profit.
    so you see, as long as the world operates on the dollar standard of exchange and foreign investors continue to buy federal debt, America won't fight for oil simply because it is essentially free to us as a nation.

Yet George and his "Gang of Idiots"(TM) are thoroughly convinced that Saddam is the newest Boogieman and is arming terrorist organizations and building WMD to use against the US, yet they can produce absolutely nothing to back this up in terms of evidence. Every photograph and map they've had the UN inspectors seek out has ended up being a dud. It was enough for one UN official to decry US intelligence as "garbage, garbage, garbage".
    you can give some people all the evidence in the world and they still call it garbage. personally i could care less about saddam or WMD. clearly saddam is in violation of UN Resolution 1441, but i've said before this is about militant islam, not some petty dictator who's thumbing his nose at Bush. with a military presence established in iraq we can finally deal with the heart of fanatical islam.

Firestarter, you don't seem to uphold the convictions espoused in your own signature.

Where were all these anti-war people when the US went into hatti, kosovo and somalia?

For once Confirmed kill and I differ in opinion. I am pro war.... JUST BARELY. I agree we need to liberate Iraq from Hussein at any cost. I do not however, agree with Bush's reasons for going to war.. I mean, he claims he wants to goto Iraq because Hussein has weapons of mass destruction and the will to use them against America. Also that Hussein is currently attempting to develop nukes.. true, but then what about North Korea? North Korea HAS the capability to reach the US with a missile, and are months away from having usable nukes, beating Iraq to the punch by years... It goes to reason that Bush's reasons for wanting war with Iraq are different then he would have you believe. call it a vendetta, call it greed, call it whatever you want.. but the fact remains that despite the losses to consider in a war with iraq, It has to be done. the Iraqi people need to be free, and going to war for the wrong reasons is still better than doing nothing, and risking turning iraq into a nuclear kmart for those who are willing and able to clandestinely sneak them into an american city.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

if its all about the oil...why didnt we take it 12 years ago? and who is the country with the current oil contracts with iraq? ill give u a hint, if they are thretning to veto, they have a contract. as for the comment about america should keep its nose out of other counreis affair, do u mean we should turn our backs on our allies? that would make us french.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.