Have you read the site FAQ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you read the site FAQ??

Wink Have you read the site FAQ??

Hey all,

i was just reading a post about newbies reading the FAQ before they post so they dont make s
    stupid posts ect.

now, as i was reading this post, it occured to me whether or not everyone has read it. now surely not everyone has read it thinking that it is the same old FAQ as other sites... you know, see one youve seen them all. anyways, im directing my question at memebers that have been here for sometime, particularly the senior members.

i want to know if you have read the FAQ at all, and if you have was it before you joined, or after you joined and how long after.

i thought i would put it in the cosmos forum cause it really is a physilogical question.

anyways, i will start. i read the FAQ probably anywhere between 2 weeks to a month after i joined. i have seen bits of it before and know the basics, but i have read the FAQ properly a while ago, but still...

anyways,

Cheers
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Banned
    i didn't read the faq first up. i think my biggest misake was posting before reading.
    i think most of my AO points weren't even my fault. while i made one or two silly posts but i neva asked to hack hotmail i just pissed the wrong people off.
    as you can tell i don't like the AO system very much but i haven't gone bitter ova the bad AO posts i've recieve...sometimes through absolutly NO FAULT OF MY OWN, i don't care about all that.
    now i've read the faq back to front (i didn't find it that useful) and i post whateva i'm thinking with no fear of AO points.

Nope....I'v never read it, not because I didn't want too but because I feelt I didn't fully need to, now this isn't aroganse but I spent a long time browsing and reading the posts here before I signed up, and after I signed up, a long time passed before I started to post and make threads (Ok...I couldn't figure out how).
    I'v always felt that FAQ's are a last resort....dono why.....it should be called guide lines, but generaly, a little logic and manners makes the FAQ kinda obsolete, oh well, not every one knows how to behave...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag D landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjrleik elske med.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Me, I just wandered around a lil bit as Guest before joining. i read the FAQ's before joining, so I pretty knew what was going or what not to do.
    I think as everyone I made also some stupid posts, just thinki' 'this is a good one' but what turns out to be a damn bad post. No worries there,... therefore I'll stick to my signature.

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Banned
    so me being almost banned is an advantage?
    i can worth with that..... so much freedom, i guess.
    anyway i'm off to bed.

*must think of useful posts*

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    drew,

you're not even close to being banned, you've a grey dot which means according to 'the FAQs' :

A grey dot means that the user has the same number of positive and negative AntiPoints, for a total balance of 0.
    Oh well , everybody learns from its mistakes, and everyone does make mistakes....

Take care,

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Well, i have reat it a few times actually, just to make sure im doing the right thing. But still i tend to make stupid mistakes, mistakes which could be prevented if i were to remember all the things mention in the faq. Im only human.

:wq
    ls
    init 0
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

I never went through the FAQ throughly, but I have seen it when someone posts 'the wrong' question, and a member links to sections of it, etc. Many of the posts I saw in the past showed fairly well what people wanted to read, and there was lots of it. I used the good posts as reference, and have tried to follow them when I make my own. I just haven't been able to give my threads titles that make you want to read it, because I'm too conservative in that area. But I have never gone all through the FAQ, and I probably never will. But that doesn't mean that I'll post 'the wrong' topics, etc., but it just means that I'll be somewhere loosely within it...

BTW, interesting topic, but has anyone noticed how the site sign-up thing has changed over time? I guess I'm lucky I joined before all of these new sign-up options / branches came up. The only reason I've seen those was because I'd try to post, and get the login screen. By pressing tab once, the next link (signup/forgot pass) comes up, and I'm too slow to notice by the time I press enter.

-Tim_axe

It's a gas!
    Actually according to the pop-up window for drew:

drew has only a few negative Antipoints
    So thats not entirley precise!

Sorry just being a smart ass!

Oh and btw i didnt read the whole FAQ, just bits and pieces...

me

Well, I've

Never had the time or patience to read the whole lot.I've read some of it ! !!

Nobody's perfect!!!

Dr_Evil