February 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
While these are not limited to computer security and computer operation, I think many will recognize them.
TOP ENGINEERING TERMS & EXPRESSIONS (WHAT ENGINEERS SAY VERSUS WHAT THEY MEAN)
1. Give us your interpretation. (We can't wait to hear your bull).
2. See me or let's discuss. (Come to my office, I've screwed up again).
3. All new. (Parts are not interchangeable with previous design).
4. Rugged. (Don't plan to lift it without major equipment).
5. Robust! (Rugged, but more so).
6. Light weight. (Slightly lighter than rugged).
7. Years of development. (One finally worked).
8. Energy saving. (Achieved when the power switch is off).
9. No maintenance. (Impossible to fix).
10. Low maintenance. (Nearly impossible to fix).
11. Fax me the data. (I'm too lazy to write it down).
12. We are following the standard! (That's the way we have always done it)!
13. I didn't get your e-mail. (I haven't checked my e-mail for days).
February 21st, 2003, 05:45 PM
14 it's on the way ( basically i'll start next week)
15 right on (you do it)
16 that could work (ie 15)
17 check that out ( i don't know what is going on but ...)
18 it's really kool ( no REAL clue how it works)
assembly.... digital dna ?