Virus sets up http server using IP, AIM

Thread: Virus sets up http server using IP, AIM

Exclamation Virus sets up http server using IP, AIM

Ok a virus i downloaded is shitting up my computer. heres what happend:

1.I was talking to a friend on AIM and I saw a message from her saying "interesting (an ip address)
    2. I clicked the link and it was prompting me for a download. I downloaded the file and ran the program.
    3. Next thing I know, I'm talking on AIM and that message popped up and made it look like I typed it. Its said: "can you help http://192.168.0.3:8180"
    4. That IP address is mine so apparently this virus sets up a server using your IP and auto. adds random messages in AIM that provides your IP which contains a prompt for downloading the virus. I am running through scan disk but I have to quit nets. for it to do it properly.
    5. I am getting current pop window messages saying "Windows Socket Error (10048) API 'Bind'"

What should I do? I don't have any type of virus scan (i know you can smack me upside the head a little later.)

HelP!

PM or find me on AIM if not on AO
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

This looks like your best bet:

32/Aplore-A

In the solution section of the page it says to scan with Trend Micro's free online virus scanner:

Housecall

If that scan doesnt help you out you can also try symantecs free online virus scan here
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I good example why everyone should know what they are downloading and always run a scan on it once it is downloaded. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.
    [gloworange]DISLEX[/gloworange]

If you have zone alarm, locking your computer down wouldnt be a bad idea eithe.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Yeah before Spyrus posted I decided to download the trial version of Norton. I think the housecall program did the trick too.
    Dislex, I downloaded the virus on purpose because it had infected my friends comp. I thought I could look at it and help. But, with all my ignorance , i couldn't figure it out on my own and had to ask the pros. Thank you
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

Originally posted here by HurrayForSchool
    Yeah before Spyrus posted I decided to download the trial version of Norton. I think the housecall program did the trick too.
    Dislex, I downloaded the virus on purpose because it had infected my friends comp. I thought I could look at it and help. But, with all my ignorance , i couldn't figure it out on my own and had to ask the pros. Thank you
    Yeah, sorry. I was about to say something about downloading such things on purpose. I have done that many times to try to get the feel how something works. Sorry.

[gloworange]DISLEX[/gloworange]

No prob. Dislex. And this the first virus that has infected my computer. Pretty harmless really, it's just like a chain letter. But I'm pissed that it created a web server using my ip.