View Poll Results: What Do You Hate Most About The World Today?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • To Many Laws To Abide By

5 71.43%
  • Economic Depression

0 0%
  • Food, Water or Air Quality

0 0%
  • War

0 0%
  • Poverty

0 0%
  • Your Neighborhood

1 14.29%
  • Your Parents

0 0%
  • The To Many Sick And Perverted People Out There

1 14.29%
  • Dictators

0 0%
  • The Country You Live In

0 0%

Thread: Windows Service Scanner

Windows Service Scanner

Ever few weeks, I see some post about people asking for service scanners and vulnerability scanners.

Well, I found one. Its called "Service Spy" and its a command-line utility, and it will scan for any application servers, or common services running on your computer. It has good reporting, and a generally great utility. I recommend it for everyone who uses Windows NT/2K/XP.

Service Spy

Check the website out, pilanet.com

Also, check out their 'IP Subnet Calculator ', by the same company.

and in a couple of days you'll see the question asked again. this post can stll be on the main page and yet the question will be asked...go figure. for the first month or so when i first started posting here i would do a few different serchs to make sure i wasn't duplicating.

but thanks for the info ill check it out.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

very interesting too bad it grabbed my passwords and checked all my mail accounts for address no doubt.

if anybody gets a file attachment from me dont open it!

it hasn't set norton off though so i dont know what its up to.

guess im just going to have to ask Howard Piland.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Check your fire-wall logs for any information that it sent out. If you DO see anything, of course, I'd suggest change your PWs.

BTW, I originally found this download at CNet's Download.com

no **** sherlock thanks allot. i had a sniffer operating to see what it did...and thats what it did.

its a perl script made executable using an apparantly licensed version of perl2exe from indigo star

Hey, atleast we're civil, right? ::Grins:: Sorry if the advice seemed kind of obvious, but you did sound confused in your last post. I apologize if I upset you..

im not upset.im just going to track this MF down then break his fingers.

if i sounded confused it was because me gf wanted to go out right after this happened.

just for grins and giggles i ran it again and it tried to access my email again using outlook which i dont have running. i think it might be right nice if you deleted that link.

Uh, let me get this straight -- is this a verified password stealer? If it is, sorry for the redundancy--and please remove this thread. It just seems like Download.Com would check out the software first, not only with virus scanners. If they don't, it's no real news, but it's slightly surprising.
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?

no it isnt a verified password stealer yet. the sniffer i was trying out only picks up incoming packets such as the those returned from my pop accounts and my im. it opened and read my mail and then sent something. ill know more tomorrow when i set up a computer with ethereal and a mail account just for this purpose.

heres the contents from a few of the packets:

+OK POP3 server ready <1245678.1047027444@mailproxy4.wlv.untd.com>

ounce+1953649-2514227@rhn.redhat.com
    To: xxxxxxxx

1 maildeliver04.nyc.untd.com.9FUHB3Ejkl4304640,S=4974

+OK Microsoft Exchange 2000 POP3 server version 6.0.6249.0 (xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.COM) ready.

Okay, thanks for all of the information! If I get a chance I'll try to inspect the program a little, but the way things are going I might not get to it anytime soon. I guess it lives up to its name, heh
    Have you filled out an ID-10-T or PEBKAK form lately?