Thread: CD/DVD Rom Problem

CD/DVD Rom Problem

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this, it isn't exactly a security issue so I figured it must fall into the general category.

I have a SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616 CD/DVD drive.

In my Event Viewer, System, I have a series of 10 errors over a 1 minute period: The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block
    about 5 hours after the errors there is a series of 23 Warnings: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation.

I had some trouble getting a DVD to play at about the time the Error message shows, nothing major. I took the DVD out and used a cleaning disk and that seemed to solve the problem.

I wasn't doing anything with the device when the Warnings are showing up.

I checked the device manager, and it's showing that the device is working properly, and I made sure my drivers are current.

Is this is something I can figure out how to solve, or if it's a hardware problem?
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

It's a gas!
    U could try a h/w test on the drive.
    Remove the IDE cable from the drive, boot up your box then insert a factory pressed cd/dvd, if the light on the front of the drive stays lit then its not a h/w issue, anything else and it is a h/w issue.
    You could always try contacting Samsung or visit their website for tech support

http://www.samsung.com/support/support.html

Cheers