Thread: Advertising

Advertising

In a recent post, I told people that my website was finally completed, and was sent many messages about this, many of which citing it as advertising. This I don't deny, it was, and it was a mistake.

However, where in the AO FAQ or anywhere else, does it say this is a faux pas? I was told to look there, did, and found nothing. I assume that I made the mistake. Would someone please point it out to me? Am I missing it or what?

Again, I'm not trying to complain or say I wasn't in the wrong before, I was. So stop negging me for asking a question or apologizing, citing it as whining. Also, stop giving me positive APs. An apology doesn't deserve them, but an original idea does.

Also, as an after thought, is it right to give someone APs for mocking someone else?

... where in the AO FAQ or anywhere else, does it say this is a faux pas? I was told to look there, did, and found nothing. I assume that I made the mistake. Would someone please point it out to me? Am I missing it or what?
    You can find it on The AntiOnline Member FAQ .

Again, I'm not trying to complain or say I wasn't in the wrong before, I was. So stop negging me for asking a question or apologizing, citing it as whining. Also, stop giving me positive APs. An apology doesn't deserve them, but an original idea does.
    This is still whining about AntiPoints. The more you talk about it, the worse it will probably get for you.

Also, as an after thought, is it right to give someone APs for mocking someone else?
    Some might consider mocking rude, and might give negative AntiPoints for it.

Anyway, hopefully that link will help you.

Cheers

I said my issue was not with the AP..I accepted that and was thankful for that. Please stop accusing me of whining about it, because I was asking a question about two other things, and wanted to make my intentions clear. Apparently
    Doesn't make it clear that:
    1.) I'm not whining "I'm not trying to complain"
    2.) I'm not asking for APs "Also, stop giving me positive APs. "

What can I do to make myself more clear? The lines I quoted you yourself also quoted, Linuxguy. Where is this mistake coming up?

Also another question. Does one post count as spam? Thanks for your help.

Obviously I'm the idiot here, couldn't be everyone else, now could it?

Doesn't make it clear that:
    1.) I'm not whining "I'm not trying to complain"
    2.) I'm not asking for APs "Also, stop giving me positive APs. "

What can I do to make myself more clear? The lines I quoted you yourself also quoted, Linuxguy. Where is this mistake coming up?
    You made yourself clear. However, it's still talking about your AntiPoints which is considered whining, which is frowned upon here. I should have reiterated the fact "most" consider it whining, and that's why you probably got hit so badly.

Also another question. Does one post count as spam?
    It's still advertising, and yes, one post promoting something can get you flamed, negged and/or banned.

Look, I am not trying to accuse you of anything. I was just trying to help you uinderstand why things went the way they did. I hope this helps.

Cheers