Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AO Server Upgrade, Tuesday

AO Server Upgrade, Tuesday

As promised, a server upgrade is in the works. But to do it, we will need to freeze the site sometime on Tuesday (2/25) and then go offline for a brief time.

The work will start around 1 pm EST/US or 6 pm GMT/UK.

The upgrade will last about 2-4 hours.

For a time, the site will be available as read-only, then there will be just be an offline message and finally, we will return, with more horsepower and the same message base as when we froze it. You may need to log in again after the upgrade but your account should be unaffected.

Onward and upward!

- JupMan

Is that why some of us have notived problems with images loading and such JupMan?

Thanks for the update, always like to hear "upgrade" and "horsepower" in the same sentence when refering to AO! Good show!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Whats the hardware and the bandwidth...just curious

Thanks...

I experienced some troubles loading images last night but nothing today yet..

Thanks for the advanced warning Jupman

er0k
    they run t1, or did when JP owned it, dont know about now.. and sun servers.. as well as some win2k servers.

The problems weren't related to the changes but they illustrate why we need to make the changes. It is being moved to a bigger box with more silicon. And that box will be in a state of the art co-lo facility.

Mmmmmmmm, sounds like a sweet machine! It's going to kind of be weird that nothing will be able to happen. I take it we won't even be able to PM or anything JupMan?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Noted and logged
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hmmm... did the work get done.. been on the site for ages (logged in at about 8:30 GMT) just read the messages.. you must got it done with out hassells if ya got it done..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr