Thread: Building new unit

Talking Building new unit

Whats going on guys . Well me and my bro is building a new computer . and we found that googlegear.com .. Has pretty decent prices .... But if you know a better place to score better deals on parts hook me up ... And another question . wich OS should we use ..... I am pretty cool with Win98 . But if anyone has a suggestion on the OS . Please drop a line ....

-Alpa

www.pricewatch.com
    a lot of smaller vendors, pretty decent pricees
    When you connect to your ISP, you are potentially opening your computer to the world. There are \'naughty people\' out there who enjoy breaking into other people\'s computers. Give some thought to the security of your computer...
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=360

Google is running a beta right now. www.froogle.com You put in what you're looking for, and it googles (or rather froogles) you up a ton of vendors who are selling that item. Hell of a great way to comparisson shop. I've used it for several dozen things lately. Most recently, my new KVM switch.

Oh yeah, if you're looking for an OS, my opinion is any flavor of *nix. All the power you could want, and it would still be cheap at twice the price.

Great guys thankx alot .-alpa

Well if you are looking for an OS I suggest you have two: Win XP (mine has experienced little crashes; that's why i recommend it; besides, a new machine won't have any driver problems with it) and Linux. You can boot with LILO; and chose among both... Why two OS? Well you'll need windows to run most of the programs you'll want to run; it's really wid-spread not to have it; and unless you are a programmer or like to spend hours with linux soft (which usually is a headacke to install because of the lib dependencies; yet it's grat and has the advantage of being free). On the other hand to have linux installed would be a great choise; because you can learn how to use it will haveing win; and program on it (gcc it's 10 times greater than any other soft); and you'll like linux stability... So to sum up; i would have two OS; at least for a while; then after experiencing both you can deside and chose one of them and erase the other.
    Well hope i helped you...
    regards.
    ampm2003
    \"Aclaró que un Aleph es uno de los puntos del espacio que contiene todos los puntos\"... (An Aleph is a point in space that contains every point)
    Jorge Luis Borges \"El Aleph\"...